Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Range Bar Completion Audio Alert Help Please ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Bar Completion Audio Alert Help Please ...

Hi -- I have been trying literally for days to set up an audible alert for whenever a range bar completes. This will allow me to do other things while awaiting the next possible visual/formation signal on the chart -- I find I can't stare at the chart endlessly through the day .

So, that said, could someone please walk me through the setup? I have tried using the RangeCounter indicator and setting an audio alert for when the value is "greater than" a value of 4 ticks and I tried the same for "is equal to" a value of 5 ticks. No audible alert kicks in, however. I did include the wav file and reset after 1 second parameters.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated indeed! Thanks in advance.

Hello TakingStock12,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, the RangeCounter indicator would not suffice for this purpose. The reason for this is that the alert condition would need to be configured for a price value. Since the alert condition is not dynamic, this would require you to reset the alert with each new bar.

What you are trying to accomplish is possible, however, custom programming would be required. If you are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks!

... I'll check out those programmers then.

Comment

Originally posted by TakingStock12 View Post
        Hi -- I have been trying literally for days to set up an audible alert for whenever a range bar completes. This will allow me to do other things while awaiting the next possible visual/formation signal on the chart -- I find I can't stare at the chart endlessly through the day .

So, that said, could someone please walk me through the setup? I have tried using the RangeCounter indicator and setting an audio alert for when the value is "greater than" a value of 4 ticks and I tried the same for "is equal to" a value of 5 ticks. No audible alert kicks in, however. I did include the wav file and reset after 1 second parameters.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated indeed! Thanks in advance.
        Takingstock12,

I usually just look for code already developed.

Study the attached file for ideas.

RJay
        Attached Files
        RJay
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes