Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop market order and OCO

Hello,

#1: In which way are stop loss market orders triggerd? E.g.: If I have a stop loss mkt buy order at 62 will it be hit if the price trades there the first time? Or will it be hit if the bid is at 62 the first time? Or will it be executed if the price trades there a for certain amount of volume or time?

#2 I use TT and I know OCO orders are simulated locally on my pc. If I have a working limit entry order (not yet filled) and my pc crushes and then the lmt entry order gets triggered, will there be an OCO if I reconnect?

#3 If I have a working OCO and my PC goes down, will there be a stop and target limit order at the exchange (Eurex)? If yes, am I going to see the working orders if I reconnect? Suppose I have a limit and a stop order and my PC goes down and the limit order gets filled, then there should be still a working stop order at the Eurex exchange. Will I see this order in my DOM after reconnecing?

Thanks,
    Markus

Hello Markus,

1. Execution is done at the exchange. Your stop market order will execute when its price is met and your order is in line to execute at the exchange.

2. There will not be any ATM orders submitted once your entry order executes, since NinjaTrader is not connected to send the ATM orders.

3. Yes, if the orders receive a 'Working' or 'Accepted' status, they reside at the exchange or broker.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

If you re-connect, you will see the orders again (if not executed in the mean time).

Yes, you will see the stop order as well when you re-connect (if not executed in the mean time as well). If you have 2 OCO orders working, but NinjaTrader is not connected and one executes, the remaining order is not cancelled. This can cause an unexpected position.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jason, very helpful!
      Markus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred