X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator cannot be serialized, Indicator not displayed

Hello Support,

I have two issues to ask:
    1. I sometimes get error message such and such indicator cannot be serialized, when this happens it is usually a sequence of dialog boxes appear one after another for a bunch of indicators. This morning it happens when I connect to market replay. Tried to find the topic on help guide but I cannot find it. What is the cause of this errors? What can I do to prevent it happening? It is really troublesome as ninja will need to shutdown usually, and slowly as it seems to be in deep freeze.

2. I have a custom indicator which appear on all charts. This indicator does use lots of dataseries and boolseries. What is bothering me is that on some charts some time it fails to appear. It just blank/white. Eg. On $EurUsd and $GbpUsd 34 ticks, it does not appear. But on $AudUsd and $UsdJpy 34 ticks it displaying properly. At 144 ticks, it display ok on $EurUsd. But at 89 Ticks it display blank. Setting to Range chart seems to be working well, it display correct on Range 2. What is the cause and how can I get it appear on any tick setting?

This does not cause any crash but I cannot see my indicator at the tick setting I want. My computer has 3Gb RAM, and Task Manager show it still has 900MB memory still available.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Edward K.

Hello Edward,

It seems you have indicators that contain errors, since it could not be serialized. I suggest to compile your indicators and check if they contain errors. Please follow the steps below.

1) Open NinjaTrader
    2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3) Select the one of the indicators and double click on it.
    4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator. All NinjaScript files will now be compiled, not just the indicator you opened.
    5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
    6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it. You can delete NinjaScript files via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete

You can find general debug information at the link below.

Could it be the EURUSD and GBPUSD 34 tick charts do not have enough price candles in the chart for the indicator to be calculated?

If the charts have enough price candles, can you please restart NinjaTrader and close all workspaces you might have running in the background.

Go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below(!) 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened.

Close all windows except the Control Center and connect to your data feed.

Create a new EURUSD chart with a 34 tick interval. Subsequently add the custom indicator and check if it is displayed.

If so, please select the GBPUSD in the chart and check if the indicator remains to be displayed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

There are normal looking price candles on panel 1, other indicators are also showing on that 34ticks $EurUsd. I will attempt the suggested steps later in the day.

On the Indicator Cannot Be Serialized, I was originally connected to ZenFire without any error. I disconnect, all workspace are still there then I connect to MarketReplay. Then I get this error. The indicator was not having any problems before. It cannot be all of a sudden a bunch of indicator has errors that cause it cannot be serialized.

Thanks.

Regards.
      Edward K.

Comment

Hello Edward,

I recommend to close all existing charts when connecting to the Market Replay and use new charts.

Chart Settings
        You should always use a brand new chart for market replay if possible. From the Contol Center window select "File-->New-->Chart..." and select the instrument and interval for your chart. Close this chart after finished with market replay.

Once you created a new chart, please apply the indicators you like and check if the error message persist upon running the Market Replay connection.

Comment

Hello Jason,

Thanks for the market replay recommendation.

On the indicator that display blank. I tested my indicators starting with one blank workspace, one chart $EurUsd 34 ticks, load with no indicator, then add my indicator. It is displayed ok.
          I tried a few tests, but suffice to say that it is not conclusive that my chart template is having an issue. But closing a problem chart and opening new one seems to work. I cannot confirm this would work 100% as it did not previously on workspace which has 4 other currency pairs.
          This time I managed to resolve it on my problem workspace.
          If you have idea as to where could be the problem, please let me know.

Thanks.

Regards.
          Edward K.

Comment

Hello Edward,

Unfortunately I am not sure where the issue might be. Please let me know if you have a reproducible scenario, so I can test it on my end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes