Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time zone?

Hi,

I am located in Saskatchewan Canada. We do not follow daylight savings. Our clocks stay the same all year. In effect we are CST in the Winter and MST in the Summer.

This causes a problem with the charting in that market hours here are 8:30 - 3 in the winter and 7:30 - 2 in the summer. when the switchover happens I have to manually change each chart to the new times and then I also ending up missing an hour of intra day data. for example when everyone else springs forward I will have to change my charts to read 7:30 - 2:000 local time. I will then see an hour of dead time in the previius days but als will be missing the 2 - 3 hour on intraday charts going back.

Other than changing my system clock is there another option to avoid this pain in the a**?

Hello stalt,

Unfortunately charts within NinjaTrader 6.5 are based off of your local PC clock. However within NinjaTrader you will have the ability to set up Session Templates and base them off another time zone of your choice.

New Session Manager
    We have introduced a new Session Manager which allows you to pre-define session templates for when a market trades. Session templates can be assigned to each instrument in the Instrument Manager and also overridden anywhere a Data Series is used such as a Chart, Market Analyzer and Strategy Analyzer.

I have provided a link below to the public announcement of NinjaTrader 7 which includes a section that goes over new features, improvements and release information.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Christopher,
      you mentioned NT7 version that could solve the problem with differencies in the daylight saving time. Is it possible to get some info how to solve the problem in NT7 (if it is possible)?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

To avoid any DST issues please install the patch at the link I have provided below:

Comment

I have already this patch installed in my PC.
          Maybe I didn´t describe my problem correctly. I live in a country where the daylight saving time is starting up later than in the USA and ends earlier than in the USA. It makes some problems with some indicators. I´m not sure but I think that this patch doesn´t solve it... (?)

Comment

NinjaTrader will requires .NET Framework to make this conversion which will require the patch to be installed. I apologize in my previous post I included the patch for 2011. Please install the required patch for 2012 at the link I have provided below to fix the conversion:

Please input a general abstract of the behavior of the issue and the solution to resolve the issue.

Comment

I have already this patch installed too. I don´t know what this patch makes but I will describe my problem more precisely.
              The daylight saving time ended in my country on 28. october 2012. If I´m not mistaken DST ends the next sunday (4.11.) in the USA. Thanks to this some of my indicators don´t work properly in the days when the time is differently shifted (from 28.10 till 4.11. and in march for 14 days). I will describe my problem on a very simple case. It is my indicator which changes colour of background of the chart differently for premarket and for RTH - the time is the Central european time:

BackColorAll = (ToTime(Time[0]) < ToTime(15, 30, 0)) ? Color.AliceBlue : Color.White;

I think that I have only two possibilities:
              1) change session template time for these periods and after it change it back
              2) set my PC clock one hour back for these periods

Is there any other way how to solve it? In this simple case it is not so big problem but what about volume profile which is set to RTH only and contains more than one day.

I´m not sure but I think that I read somewhere that in NT7 will be possible to set the session teplate time in accord with the concrete instrument.
              Last edited by emuns; 10-31-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920