Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Automated Trade Tutorial - Strategy

Hello:

I am looking for a simple tutorial combining the basic functions, processes, and principles for executing a trade automatically. I have built numerous indicators and strategies and would now like to automatically execute trades. The help sections show functions and what each variable accomplishes. However, there is nothing that provides a template to accomplish an automated trade.

Thanks.

Tony

Tony,

Please see some of these tutorials here for creating some basic auto trading strategies: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tml?Overview34

You can go through the Strategy Wizard and press View Code to see what kind of code the wizard generates. Or you can go through the aspects of the tutorials relating to custom programming.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Basic Automated Trading Strategy

Hello Josh:

I am familiar with these help section areas. I don't use the Strategy Wizard, but program my own code. My question, once again, is how does one setup the overall structure for automated trading? How do you know if there are no trades...or trades currently ongoing? Updating stops/limit orders? Surely there are functions and variables that only relate to automated trading. Perhaps there is a list of ALL variables used in NT related to automated trading. I don't expect any programming help, but feel we need to know how the system should work. Thanks.

Tony
      Last edited by tonyh; 03-10-2010, 08:02 AM. Reason: Wrong Name

Comment

Tony, for an overview over auto trading related NinjaScript methods and concepts please press F1 and go to the NinjaScript section in the help guide, from there locate the NinjaScript Language Reference. Now review the 'Custom Strategy Methods and Properties' section.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Delerium  
        Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes