Lock text on the right side of chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock text on the right side of chart

How can I lock a text object on the right side of the chart?

So that it's Y position is fixed but moves on the X axes.

Hello symphys,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, this is not possible with the drawing tools presently as they will tied to the specific place on the chart.

I will forward your suggestion to have text move with the time axis to be added to the list of the possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader.

Another thing, is that NinjaTrader 7 will include many drawing tool enhancements. Please see the following link.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

symphys,

Code-wise you could create an indicator and use DrawTextFixed() and fix it to the right corners of the screen.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Symphys, did you ever get an indicator built to accomplish this? I have been trying but no luck. I would like to build an indicator that would display "Only Long" or "Only SHort" in the top right hand corner based on a true or false selection I make.

I have limited programming abilities..

If there is an example of an indicator that included this that I can edit I would be interetsed to be pointed in that direction.

Comment

Hi Stalt,

Thank you for your post.

There is not really an indicator, but you can reference the following link for creating an indicator with those values.
          Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I read that but as I said I have limited programming knowledge and have no idea where to place that in the code to make it wirk.

If I have a bool line I would like a true value to place an only long lable...if it is false I would like an only short label....but I can't figure out whre to put the

// Draws text in the upper right corner of panel 1
            DrawTextFixed("tag1", "Text to draw", TextPosition.TopRight);

in the script to make it work.

Comment

Hello Stalt,

You can use the indicator wizard to create a public bool input. This is the true / false selection.

Use the wizard to add a public input called MyBool.

You can then use the snippet below to draw whether or not this is true or false.

Code:

if (MyBool)
              DrawTextFixed("myTagTrue", "myTextTrue", TextPosition.TopRight);

else
              DrawTextFixed("myTagFalse", "myTextFalse", TextPosition.TopRight);
              Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Got it figured!

Thanks!

Comment

ok sorry for another dumb question....HOw can I change the font size and color. If I color.red behind the topright indication I get erroes.

I would like to increase the font and have it all caps as well as have the font green if true and red if false.

Comment

stalt,

You have to use the other method signature for this.

Example:
                    Code:

DrawTextFixed("MYTAGTRUE", "MYTEXTTRUE", TextPosition.TopRight, Color.Green, new Font("Arial", 12), Color.Green, Color.Transparent, 0);

DrawTextFixed("MYTAGFALSE", "MYTEXTFALSE", TextPosition.TopRight, Color.Red, new Font("Arial", 12), Color.Red, Color.Transparent, 0);

Comment

Thanks a million Ryan for posting that syntax. Don't ever think a question is too simple to take the time.

Because it is posted here, I eventually found it, and although I am no programmer, if I have something that works like this, I can play around with it and eventually hack my way to what I want.

The example given in the Docs, and in the reference sample...which doesn't show DrawtText at all... are so simple they are useless.

By answering that one question, me and a hundred like me will dig deep, find your post and answer their own question.

Thanks again..... five minutes playing around with that example and now I can make that dog dance to my fiddle.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Crassius. I appreciate the kind words.

Comment

Hi guys this is a good thread.

However I have zero c# and I inserted the code randomly in the code generated by the wizard.

It comes up with these two errors - ") expected" and "Class Member declaration" expected.

I pasted this DrawTextFixed("tag1", "Text to draw", TextPosition.TopRight);

just above where #region properties is. (using NT 6.5) I have no clue where to paste it. Or any extra coding I need to do. (full code will help; so that i can just paste it)

Furthermore, how does it allow me to enter what text I want fixed. Do I enter it within the code or when I add the indicator it allows me to enter it then?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Hello nicoacademia,

Thank you for your post.

Most of the code snippets you'll see posted here belong in OnBarUpdate() method, in-between the two curly brackets { }

You can edit any existing indicator through tools > edit NinjaScript window to see how they're structured.

There is also a guide available for indicator development, which goes through the purpose of each method:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                            16 responses
                            0 likes