Barchart equities data changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barchart equities data changes

I'm trying to understand volume in the equities markets. I use streaming barchart data, and if I have a chart open (typically 3min or 1min) I will often see huge spikes in volume and an associated large move in price, so I'm pretty sure the volume is real. The volume is often of the order of 10 or 100 times normal for a particular issue, and is not confined to any particular issue. I've seen it in etf's from the AMEX (spy, qqqq, etc), and I've seen it in both NASDAQ and NYSE issues as well (cree, and wlt most recently). The problem is, if I close the chart and reload it (even within a minute or so), those strange, large volume bars disappear. I'm guessing that Barchart or ninjatrader has some sort of filter that is removing those large volume blocks on the reload, but I'd like to understand what is happening.

As I said, I'm pretty sure the volume is real because it ALWAYS is accompanied by a large move price wise. Anybody have any ideas?

TD

Hello TD,

Unfortunately this can be as expected with BarChart. Please see the following thread regarding the same topic.

The real-time volume spikes are resolved in NinjaTrader 7.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by JGriff5646, Today, 10:02 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post JGriff5646  
    Started by AdamDJ8, Today, 09:18 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes