Multiple Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Machines

Is it possible to run NT on more then one machine at one time? Using the same connection settings and broker account? Reason - using NT forhands freetrading, playing over 5symbols at once, wanted tokeep each machines overhead down plus keep things straight so there won't be any mix ups.

imported post

You can run NT on more than one machine but Patsystems will not allow multiple logons to the same account.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thats if you have to get the PATS user id right? I once was running SR on Multi machines at one time thru the same broker and they use PATS also?

Comment

imported post

SR manages accounts/logons through their own gateway before they establish connections to the Patsystems servers. With every other product that trades through Patsystems, connections are established directly to the Pats servers. These servers only allow one logon at a time. You can have multiple accounts under one logon though.

Comment

imported post

So say I wanted tot run NT on 5 machines at one time, are you saying I would then need to open 5 different accounts with my broker? Or could I lease 5 PAT user id's from my broker? How would I do this?

Comment

imported post

Yes, 5 different accounts.

Comment

imported post

ninjatrader wrote:
              Yes, 5 different accounts.
              Our experience has been different at Man Financial. We have a single account but multiple Pats User Logins for that single account.

Comment

imported post

If they allow you to do that then NT will allow you to do that.

Comment

One nice thing about being able to log into multiple machines at once these days is tablets. I have a Samsung series 7 tablet and with my prior platform I can be logged into my main machine with my multiple monitor set up and the tablet at the same time. If I am off cooking breakfast or doing some other chore around the house but want to keep an eye on the market I can do so with the tablet while still being able to head back into the office for more detail if I see something I really want to trade. My prior platform would allow multiple logins as long as the IP address was the same. I can see how that could be abused since you are a trading platform and not a broker. Nevertheless it is a con in the ninjatrader column imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDebt View Post
                    One nice thing about being able to log into multiple machines at once these days is tablets. I have a Samsung series 7 tablet and with my prior platform I can be logged into my main machine with my multiple monitor set up and the tablet at the same time. If I am off cooking breakfast or doing some other chore around the house but want to keep an eye on the market I can do so with the tablet while still being able to head back into the office for more detail if I see something I really want to trade. My prior platform would allow multiple logins as long as the IP address was the same. I can see how that could be abused since you are a trading platform and not a broker. Nevertheless it is a con in the ninjatrader column imo.
                    Remote Viewing desktop stuff doesn't work?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post rocketman7