Chart Labels for High Low Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Labels for High Low Close

Hi ,is it possible to draw text lables on today/priorday Low/High/close as it becomes so many lines its very hard to remember which line is todays low,yest high or so on.I tried Ninja 7 but could'nt find this feature.

thanks

Hello eminihero,

Thank you for your post.

This is possible but would require custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

You may however change the color of the lines to help identify easier as well.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chart Labels..

You don't need to pay for any custom programming. Just go to the indicators section and download the CMIPivotsDailyV75 (or later if available) for the prior day HLC and download CMICurrentDayOHL_V75 (or later if available) for the current day's OHLC. In the user settings you can make any lines you do not want to plot on your chart as invisible by changing the color to "Transparent".

You can even "right" justify the labels for the lines you do wish to plot and then you can right click your chart, go to "properties" scroll down to the last section in properties where it says "right margin" and adjust your right margin to a level of about 70 or so and in so doing, your line labels will all remain within the right margin of your chart at all times, allowing you to see them clearly without clutering up price action at all. That way, you could even make all the lines a single color, so as to have even fewer chart distractions so you can better focus on price.

(NOTE: These instructions are only for NT V6.5, not V7 as that is only for beta testers for the time being.)

I hope that helps you and happy trading to you,
      Randy

Comment

Hi randy,
        thanks for your reply ,you solved my problem .i could not find the indicator in ninjatrader support download ,but i was able to find it on other website(big mike) & it displays the text on all current & prior day low/high/close etc everything on all the lines.

Thanks again
        I wish you all the best for your trading

Comment

Hi ,I love Ninja 7 (using beta 11) .I trade by using S/R lines on higher time frame & wanted to draw them automatically on lower time frame.Ninja 7 does that.Plus I am not having any problem with Pivot calulations it matches as Pivotfarm.

So those who want a TEXT Current/Prior day High/low/close to easily indentify the lines on charts on NINJA 7 beta can use anaCurrentDayOHL indicator.

Once again thanks to randyjb for pointing me in right direction
          thanks

Comment

anaPivots is identical with the SessionPivots V 1.6 indicator for NT7 that I have posted with this forum (see link below, second indicator). This includes various pivots and OHL indicators. Please report any bugs.

Originally posted by eminihero View Post
            Hi ,I love Ninja 7 (using beta 11) .I trade by using S/R lines on higher time frame & wanted to draw them automatically on lower time frame.Ninja 7 does that.Plus I am not having any problem with Pivot calulations it matches as Pivotfarm.

So those who want a TEXT Current/Prior day High/low/close to easily indentify the lines on charts on NINJA 7 beta can use anaCurrentDayOHL indicator.

Once again thanks to randyjb for pointing me in right direction
            thanks

Comment

Harry thanks i will try your indicator
              Last edited by eminihero; 03-24-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
              16 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter  
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post WHICKED