Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Not getting Gold (GC) from Trading Tech.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not getting Gold (GC) from Trading Tech.

Hi all,

Every time I try to create chart for Gold (GC) Ninja responds with an error message - see attached. I have Trading Technologies (TT) as one of my brokers. I couldn't trade GC under TT because NYMEX was set as the exchange and because of this I would get no realtime intraday data for GC. So TT told me to switch exchange settings from NYMEX to GLOBEX for GC. When I did this the T&S and DOM were fine but ninja came up with an error message (see 1st attachement) and the instraday historical data was missing although GC was updating everything with realtime data. The attachments reflect this. I created a GC chart today on 3/11 at the end of the trading day (about 3:30 pm) and you can see that trading activity is missing from earlier in the day. Leaving the chart like this realtime data accumulates but the intraday history before the time of creating the chart is missing - see 2nd attachment.

I am using NT7b10 but it is not a Nt7 issue as I replicated it under 6.5.

So under TT if having NYMEX set I get intraday history for current day but get no realtime data. If GLOBEX is set I get realtime data but no intraday history for that current day.

Does anyone have suggestions.

Thanks for the help.
    Spartacus.
    Attached Files

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the message can you please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and then find and highlight the GC contract. Then please hit the Edit button to remove the instrument, and its associated contents from the NinjaTrader database.

Then please repair the database. Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Misc" tab
    • Press the "Repair DB" button
    • Press the "OK" button

Then please reset the instruments to add the instrument back. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

You will want to change the exchange to Globex once you take these steps. Once you have done those things can you please create a new GC chart.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for suggestion but it didn't help.

I went through the steps as suggested but the exact same symptoms remain. I get the same error msg when creating a new GC chart and the current days intraday's history is missing although I get real time data. I attached my settings for symbol GC so that maybe you can see something that I don't.

Regards
      Spartacus
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spartacus,

I notice you are using NinjaTrader 7. Can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your log and trace files.

You can send an email to support by using the Help-->Mail to Support. Please reference this forum post, and make sure that the log and trace files box is checked.

I want to review those files related to this message because I am unable to duplicate the issue on my end, and your settings are fine.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by trilliantrader, Yesterday, 03:01 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes