IB Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Historical Data

When will Ninja be able to get the historical daily data beyond the 1 year limit it has now when I am now able to get 5 years daily data from IB charts?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The amount of historical data that is available will depend on the data provider. Can you please clarify which data provider you are currently using for the daily historical data.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using IB.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification.

With NinjaTrader this limitation on IB data is from the IB data feed, as there is a limit to how much historical data can be requested, otherwise it will cause an error message regarding the request for data.

If you are viewing stocks you can use the Yahoo data feed for historical daily data and get larger time periods, than what IB provides to NinjaTrader. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Yahoo finance. Click here to take me to the Yahoo Connection Guide

Comment

Thanks Ryan, would the limit of 1 year have something to do with ninja as I said before if I load a chart in IB TWS I can receive 5 years of daily data, I think this feature is in a newer version of TWS that ninja does not support, so does ninja have something in the works to allow this?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

The data is available, as you mention from IB, but there is a limit to how much data for other applications, like NinjaTrader, IB will provide from their servers.

So the issue is not that NinjaTrader can not receive data from that far back, but that IB will not provide data to other applications from that far back.

The most current version of TWS is 900.6, but as far as how much data is available to NinjaTrader I do not believe updated versions would make a differerence as this data in NinjaTrader is capped from IB.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes