Volume breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume breakdown

Hi, I am interested in trying out your software. I currently trade with IQ feed for data, lightspeed, and ensign for charting, and I was wondering if it is possible to do the following:

Sim trade the ES using my current data feed with your charting package.
    Utilize the volume breakdown indicator in sim mode for say the past four months of ES data.
    Also use market profile with my paper trading to test a set up.

I need the following:

The Range Bar Chart:
    ES: 1.25 range, ET: 10 point range
    Keltner Channel 30/3
    EMAs: 33 and 99
    CCIs: 45 and 6 superimposed
    Volume Breakdown out of the box
    Cumulative Volume Delta: Volume Breakdown cumulative back about 21 days (not critical, any larger number OK) but Averaged by 9 bars
    MomDots(HI.2+LO.2+CL.2)/3 + (HI.4+LO.4+CL.4)/3 + (HI.3+LO.3+CL.3)/3)/3;

Is this possible? Can I do it for free? If so for how long? If not for free what is the price for acces to market profile and all the volume breakdown indicators. I already pay for data, so my goal is to backtest a certain set up and then trade it real time once i can confirm profitability. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

>>My notes are embedded below:

Hi, I am interested in trying out your software. I currently trade with IQ feed for data, lightspeed, and ensign for charting, and I was wondering if it is possible to do the following:

Sim trade the ES using my current data feed with your charting package.
    >>Yes! Here are our supported connectivity providers:
    Click here to view more information on Historical Data

Utilize the volume breakdown indicator in sim mode for say the past four months of ES data.
    >>I don't know what "volume breakdown" is but we have level 2 data:

And these indicators:

Also use market profile with my paper trading to test a set up.

I need the following:

The Range Bar Chart:
    ES: 1.25 range, ET: 10 point range
    Keltner Channel 30/3
    EMAs: 33 and 99
    CCIs: 45 and 6 superimposed
    Volume Breakdown out of the box
    Cumulative Volume Delta: Volume Breakdown cumulative back about 21 days (not critical, any larger number OK) but Averaged by 9 bars
    MomDots(HI.2+LO.2+CL.2)/3 + (HI.4+LO.4+CL.4)/3 + (HI.3+LO.3+CL.3)/3)/3;

Is this possible?
    >>Yes, I think we have all of that...assuming I understand what you mean exactly.

Can I do it for free?
    >>Yes, its free unless you trade live.

If so for how long?
    >>Forever unless you trade live.

If not for free what is the price for acces to market profile and all the volume breakdown indicators. I already pay for data, so my goal is to backtest a certain set up and then trade it real time once i can confirm profitability. Any help appreciated.
    >>If you want trade live, please go here:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can download NT indicators for the ElectronicLocal Workspace here:

I am being continually asked about chart settings. And although they are all in the posts and comments, I'm setting them out here as a Key P...

I have found most useful the negative buy/sell volume. I do not actually understand those funny Mom Dots, but you can put them on your chart anyhow. All the other indicators are standard indicators that come with NT, with the exception of the cumulative volume delta.

Comment

EL download

Harry, I did download the "andy's ninja template" and also the "gom indicators. Which one of those can I use for historical data. Do they only work real time? Whenever i put any of the gom indicators on the site, they say "recording off". Have you personally set these up? If so, which one did you use the gom indicator group or andy's set up?

Comment

Have not used the gom indicators so far, just Negative Buy/Sell Volume, which is what I noticed on the ElectronicLocal chart setup.

Originally posted by Widemanb View Post
          Harry, I did download the "andy's ninja template" and also the "gom indicators. Which one of those can I use for historical data. Do they only work real time? Whenever i put any of the gom indicators on the site, they say "recording off". Have you personally set these up? If so, which one did you use the gom indicator group or andy's set up?

Comment

And those only work in real time right? Or am I misaken. I am really trying to get some volume breakdown type indicators to work for historical data in ninja. Are the ones you use actual ninja indicators, or are they the ones from andy's chart template. The one's from andy's template off EL's blog i cant get to work with historical data I import.

Comment

Buy/Sell Volume will show volume that traded on the bid versus volume that traded on the ask. As far as I know, NinjaTrader 6.5. does not support historical bid and ask data. This would be only possible with NinjaTrader 7.

Volume breakdown will therefore only work with real-time data. You may want to try the GomRecorder, but you should ask questions in the thread that deals with the GomRecorder then.

Originally posted by Widemanb View Post
              And those only work in real time right? Or am I misaken. I am really trying to get some volume breakdown type indicators to work for historical data in ninja. Are the ones you use actual ninja indicators, or are they the ones from andy's chart template. The one's from andy's template off EL's blog i cant get to work with historical data I import.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                You can download NT indicators for the ElectronicLocal Workspace here:

I am being continually asked about chart settings. And although they are all in the posts and comments, I'm setting them out here as a Key P...

I have found most useful the negative buy/sell volume. I do not actually understand those funny Mom Dots, but you can put them on your chart anyhow. All the other indicators are standard indicators that come with NT, with the exception of the cumulative volume delta.
                Tried to download this but it said it could not decompress the file...wonder what I am doing wrong

Comment

It's zipped indicators within a zipped Folder, you need to unzip the folder, but not the indicators. So this is what I found in there, you can download these also from other threads in this forum.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    It's zipped indicators within a zipped Folder, you need to unzip the folder, but not the indicators. So this is what I found in there, you can download these also from other threads in this forum.
                    Thanks...appreciate it!

Comment

So you might also have a look at this one, which I have found elsewhere.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes