Problem Installing NT on Win 2k8 x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Installing NT on Win 2k8 x64

I've never used NinjaTrader but would love to get it a test drive. Unfortunatly everytime I try to install it I get the error message:

"The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Users\"

I'm running the executable as a local Admin but still getting the error. Also, I'm not sure why it's trying to write to the "users" directory when I'm pointing it to the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 6.5)

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

NT will be on both your programs folder and your Documents folder in order to run, so you must let it save there.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

NT will be on both your programs folder and your Documents folder in order to run, so you must let it save there.
      Ben, Thanks for the info, I have no problem with it installing there, I'm just trying to figure out why I'm getting the error of insuffienct priveliges. Any idea how to get around that problem? My local account has full admin rights to everything...Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello,

This is a bit beyond our level of support as it is local on your PC, however Windows has an account setting that allows you to chang the admin rights on your account/log in. Also, if you are on a network server you will need this link:
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ender_wiggum  
        Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes