Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLM orders with Chart trader

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
    Are you referring to submitting a Stop Limit Order. If so to submit a Stop Limit Order this will be done using the Middle Mouse Button (scroll wheel) and for a Stop Market Order you will want to use Ctrl+Middle Mouse Button.

I have included a link below that goes over submitting orders within the SuperDOM.
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ingOrders.html
    I use Chart Trader. The middle button does NOT submit an SLM order. How can I fix this?

One of my biggest frustrations with Chart Trader is that submitting an SLM on the chart is slow and requires confirmation even tho I have confirmations disabled. Submitting Stop or Limit orders do not wait for confirmation, only the SLM. This is INCONSISTENT and needs to be fixed.

Hello,

The middle middle click can be changed in the the charttrader or DOM properties by right clicking > properties.

When you say confirmation, do you mean the value that you have to enter?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      The middle middle click can be changed in the the charttrader or DOM properties by right clicking > properties.
      I've looked at the Chart Trader properties & do not see one that relates to the middle mouse button. Please be specific: WHICH property controls this?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      When you say confirmation, do you mean the value that you have to enter?
      No, I mean that right clicking & selecting the SLM places a line for a UNSUBMITTED order on the chart which will NOT be submitted until I click again on the check mark.

This is NOT the way that the stop or limit order works -- these two are submitted immediately. The SLM should be the same.

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

This feature is not available in the Chart trader properties, it is only in the SuperDOM properties. Set 'Middle mouse button is Stop Market--> True'

As for the Limit Offset to show up before you submit the order, this is expected behavior for the SLM order. If you don't want this, you can either use the Stop Market order or set the value for the Stop Limit offset to 0 (zero) in the Chart trader properties.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ah, thank you! Changing off to zero did the trick for the SLM order. That relieves the frustration.
          The mouse button would be nice but I can wait for hot keys in NT7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes