(Chart Trader) ATM mutiple orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Chart Trader) ATM mutiple orders

Started playing around with ATM using Chart Trader. I can see the benefit except for 1-2 major issues.

I often place two SLM orders -- A buy above & a sell below my range. I do NOT want an OCO. If one triggers, the other order remains active & I keep moving it around as the chart pattern develops.

A strategy will automatically close any open position is the opposite entry order is executed. I would certainly expect the ATM to do the same as it is in a sense also a strategy.

However, when the ATM is selected, I can NOT place both orders. If I remove the ATM, place both orders, and then select the ATM, the ATM is ignored when the order executes. That is also bad. I should be able to select the ATM up until the order is executed.

First, you need to allow multiple chart orders to be placed, just like in a strategy!!

If necessary I can define the trailing stop to ensure the one position is closed right before the new entry triggers; however, I think it would be more consistent for the ATM strategy to automatically close when the opposite order triggers.

OK, I've figured out that if the ATM strategy is manually changed back to the named ATM strategy, I can place the next order. So that's one problem done.

However, the strategy did NOT reverse when the opposite SLM triggered. Since this SLM was inside the stop, it simply closed the position without reversing. The ATM target & stop were still active even tho the associated position was NOT active.

I still think the position should have been reversed just like a strategy. Is there a way to fix this?

At the very least the ATM target & stop orders should have been canceled when the position closed.

Comment

Hello,

The reverse will happen if you allow the price to hit the stop or target. If you want to move the backets you can click, release, move, then click down again where you want the order to be:
      DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I manually move the stop (and I have) to the same place as the SLM, then the orders are apparently combined. Which seems wrong especially since one is a stop and one is an SLM.

If they are not combined, then why does dragging the combined line move both & how do I grab just one?

Comment

Hi,

You might want to watch the section and video here about Consolidated Order Display:
          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Vincent, I've read it, thank you. That particular section is on the DOM & I use Chart Trader. I understand that in theory somewhere the orders might still be distinct, but it is a moot point if I can no longer separate them on the chart.

On the DOM, apparently you can right click to separate but that does not work on the chart. I tried the Control key but it won't grab any, much less just one.

So, how can I grab just one on the chart to separate them again?

Comment

Hi Lost Trader,

Thank you for your reply.

Please create this scenario on the Sim account.

With the orders resting at the same price, please navigate to the Orders tab of the Control Center.

In the orders tab, select one of the orders you wish to separate, then use the Increase/Decrease buttons to move that order up or down by one tick.

This will allow you to separate the orders. Once they are separate, you could return to the chart and continue modifying orders normally.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So basically, you are saying that it cannot be done from the chart. I hope y'all fix that.

Thank you for the work-around.
                Last edited by Lost Trader; 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno