How to manage daylight saving time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to manage daylight saving time?

I am from Europe and the DST will start two weeks later If i set the session begins (local time) at 12:00 AM and Session ends (local time) at 12:00, and Exclude weekend "True", charts start populating one hour later If i change my local PC time one hour later, nothing change So?

Hello,
    I am sorry, I don't completely understand your question, but you can change the time in NT by shutting down NT and adjusting your PC clock, then reopen NT.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

i've the same Problem, NT7 Session Template Timezone is GMT+1, PC Clock is synced.

But the shown time in ninja7 is +1h to my timezone(GMT+1).

Problem:
      bartimer in charts counts down from 1h

Is there a possibility to convert the data with the wrong time stamp?
      Last edited by sandmann23; 03-15-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Can you tell me what version you have? Our current release is V6.5.1000.15 and can be found under Help--> About.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ninjatrader 7 beta10
          with zen-fire as data provider doesn't work

ninjatrader 7 beta10
          with IB als dataprovider works fine

ninjatrader6.5
          with IB als dataprovider works fine

so it is a dataprovider Problem
          Last edited by sandmann23; 03-15-2010, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Hello sandmann23,

Are you referring to the BarTimer indicator? If so this is due to Zen-Fire Natively timestamping data as apposed to being time stamped based off your Local PC clock.

The following data providers Natively time stamp data.
            • Zen-Fire
            • eSignal
            • IQFeed
            • BarChart
            • PFGBest.com

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a similar problem.
              I'm in California. When we changed to daylight saving time, my charts are all screwed up. I have the newest NT 6.5 version which I downloaded yesterday.

I tried to repair and reset data base.

My time was always 1 h behind then my PC Clock. When I tried to reset my data base again today, the charts don't even show any price action for today I'm using ES 6-10 contract. I'm connected to zenfire and IB.

I figured out the issue lies with zenfire. When I'm only connected to IB, I have no problems anymore. Everything is displayed correctly. If I'm connected only to zenfire, chart is behind by 1 hour using a simple blank chart. When I add any Ninjascript like better volume, VPA etc no trading activity for today! So the chart chart stopped at yesterday at 13:00. This is so weird.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst13 View Post
                I have a similar problem.
                I'm in California. When we changed to daylight saving time, my charts are all screwed up. I have the newest NT 6.5 version which I downloaded yesterday.

I tried to repair and reset data base.

My time was always 1 h behind then my PC Clock. When I tried to reset my data base again today, the charts don't even show any price action for today I'm using ES 6-10 contract. I'm connected to zenfire and IB.

I figured out the issue lies with zenfire. When I'm only connected to IB, I have no problems anymore. Everything is displayed correctly. If I'm connected only to zenfire, chart is behind by 1 hour using a simple blank chart. When I add any Ninjascript like better volume, VPA etc no trading activity for today! So the chart chart stopped at yesterday at 13:00. This is so weird.
                Hello,

Please follow the instructions below to re-install the Microsoft .NET Framework on your PC.
                • Terminate any applications running on your PC
                • Go to the Windows Control Panel
                • "Add/Remove programs" for XP users or "Uninstall a program" for Vista users
                • Locate and uninstall the .NET Framework
                • If your highest version is 4.0 or greater than do not continue with these instructions and let us know and we will follow up with further instructions
                • If your highest version is 3.5 then proceed and uninstall this version and skip the next line
                • If your highest version is 2.0 then proceed and uninstall this version
                  Install version 3.5 of the .NET Framework with SP 1 which contains the 2.0 version which is required by NinjaTrader 6.5 (Download from here)
                • After the install please check for updates to the .Net Framework with the Windows Update function
                Note: Do not reboot your PC in between these steps as this can potentially create more issues that we are unfortunately not qualified to assist with.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                  Hello,

Please follow the instructions below to re-install the Microsoft .NET Framework on your PC.
                  • Terminate any applications running on your PC
                  • Go to the Windows Control Panel
                  • "Add/Remove programs" for XP users or "Uninstall a program" for Vista users
                  • Locate and uninstall the .NET Framework
                  • If your highest version is 4.0 or greater than do not continue with these instructions and let us know and we will follow up with further instructions
                  • If your highest version is 3.5 then proceed and uninstall this version and skip the next line
                  • If your highest version is 2.0 then proceed and uninstall this version
                    Install version 3.5 of the .NET Framework with SP 1 which contains the 2.0 version which is required by NinjaTrader 6.5 (Download from here)
                  • After the install please check for updates to the .Net Framework with the Windows Update function

Note: Do not reboot your PC in between these steps as this can potentially create more issues that we are unfortunately not qualified to assist with.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.

It didn't Work. I don't know why. Why does it work with Interactive Brokers and not with Zenfire, I just can't explain. PLease help.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please confirm you have installed all .NET updates after installing .NET Framework 3.5 from the link I provided?

If you have please close NinjaTrader and sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated and you may restart NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you receive any error messages when you attempt to sync your PC clock.

Next please delete your hisorical data by disconnecting-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Delete-->Reconnect. Next please open a new chart with no template applied and let me know if the issue persists.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Belfortbucks  
                    Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes