X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HHI chart from IB unable to load

Hi Guys
    When attempting to load a HHI chart,
    No security definition found for request, appears.

I receive HSI data and HHI data within IB, and can load a HSI chart in NT.

Can I please have HHI info for instrument manager to enable me to cross check.

Cheers

Hello,

Please go to tools>instrument manager>edit and show us what you have in both the misc and definitions tabs.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Attached is the current HHI definition and Misc tab info.
      Attached Files

Comment

bump......

Comment

Hi,

Who are you connected to and is there an error message in the log tab?

Otherwise send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post and we will follow up from there.
          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ;151717
            Hi,

Who are you connected to and is there an error message in the log tab?

Otherwise send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post and we will follow up from there.
            Hi NinjaTrader_Vincent
            In my first post it states the error message and refers to the HSI IB data I receive is fine.
            So, I`m connected to IB as my data provider, the error message is, No security definition found for request.

Within the HHI screenshots requested and provided, is there any info that needs changing?

Comment

Originally posted by yeahyeah View Post
              Hi NinjaTrader_Vincent
              In my first post it states the error message and refers to the HSI IB data I receive is fine.
              So, I`m connected to IB as my data provider, the error message is, No security definition found for request.

Within the HHI screenshots requested and provided, is there any info that needs changing?
              Hello yeahyeah,

Can you please tell me what instrument you are loading within IB TWS? I only see AMEX Internet Holders Index on the PSE Exchange when attempting to load HHI.

Also can you please forward me your IB connection information so I may attempt to test on my end?

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.
              In the message, please include the following:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.
              2.) Your IB connection information.
              Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HHI.HK is the ticker within IB.

As with the Kospi, which is K200 in IB. In NT, needs to be input as KS200 to recieve data.
                Maybe this is where the conflict arises? HHI.HK in IB , HHI in NT?

When you say, "Your IB connection information". What exactly are you requesting?
                Last edited by yeahyeah; 03-15-2010, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Please go to HHI within the Instrument Manager-->Edit-->Misc tab-->next to Interactive Brokers please input HHI.HK|HKFE as referenced in the attached screen shot then click Ok.

Next please remove HHI from your Default list and add it back in.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanx fellas, all sorted.

Comment

Dear support,

Tried to change HHI for IB to HHI.HK|HKFE, but only a bland chart with 0 and 1 on the Y-axis, tried different month of HHI, tried on XP and Vista, same result, please helpl.

Playing around with the days to load, set 100 days for 02-11 contract, some candle stick was plotted but the last stick date is 30/12/2010, no matter what I tried cannot load data after 12/13/2010.
                      Last edited by simoon; 02-18-2011, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by simoon View Post
                        Dear support,

Tried to change HHI for IB to HHI.HK|HKFE, but only a bland chart with 0 and 1 on the Y-axis, tried different month of HHI, tried on XP and Vista, same result, please helpl.

Playing around with the days to load, set 100 days for 02-11 contract, some candle stick was plotted but the last stick date is 30/12/2010, no matter what I tried cannot load data after 12/13/2010.

Can you please confirm you are receiving data within TWS for HHI.HK as well as real time data within the Orders tab of the the NinjaTrader Control Center.

Also can you please confirm you have the required version of IB TWS installed at the link I have provided below.

Comment

Dear ChristopherJ,

Yes, I am receiving data within TWS for HHI.HK, and required version of IB TWS installed.

NT7 can download the required data (up to Feb 18 2011) through Historical Data Manager without problem. It just seem to NT7 don't want to plot any bar that is after 30/12/2010.

Also I found the Contract Months under Misc tab of Instrument Editor incorrect by default. It list contracts every 3 months which should be monthly. I add back Feb but NT7 still not plotting the bar for current month contract.

As for real time data, I will need to wait for tomorrow market open to test it.
                          Last edited by simoon; 02-20-2011, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Which merge policy for the continuous contracts feature are you working with? Can you please give the data a try on 'DoNotMerge' for the HHI master instrument in the Instrument Manager?

Thanks
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Bertrand,

Merge policy is set to system default, set to DoNotMerge solve the problem. Thank You.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post techgetgame  
                              Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post sephichapdson