• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Get historical data at the same time each night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get historical data at the same time each night

OK, this is my problem. The answer may lie outside of NT, but I wanted to put it here and see if anyone has any ideas.

I have a historical data feed from IQFeed. I need to run something at 00:30 each morning to get prices from the previous day, and write them to a file.

I currently do this by just running a strategy to do it. That's easy, but I need to be at my PC at 00:30 to do it. Ninja has no scheduling. I can't leave this strategy running all the time, and besides if there were disconnects I'd miss data.

Another alternative would be to link straight into IQFeed. I supposes it's too difficult to link into the IQFeed dll part of NT. IQFeed do do APIs but you need to register as a developer for 300 per year. They do do DDE access, but I haven't been able to get that working from open office, and I don't see how you get bar data (i.e. 1min) using that.

So, anyone have any ideas?

thanks
    Dave

Dave, the only idea I could throw in would be using a program like MacroExpress to emulate a scheduler for the needed repetitive steps involved...
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand,

Yes, I had thought of this. The problem is that Ninja is quite a mouse intensive, drop down box, dialog box type application. I think it would be a bit of a nightmare to record a macro to start a strategy.

Or has anyone done it?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by thgamey, Today, 08:38 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post thgamey
      by thgamey

Started by johnnybegoode, Today, 07:02 PM
      0 responses