Unable to sync date & time scrolling on new chart to old charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to sync date & time scrolling on new chart to old charts

I set up a new chart. It's linked where I can pull up the same instrument on multiple windows (same color), but when I scroll or move the cross hair past different date and time periods past the candlesticks it's not moving on the other charts. Although on the old charts when they're sync'd together it works even if I close and re-open the windows.
    Also, I wanted my trades to show up on the new chart, but it's not, but they are showing up on the old charts and yes I did try all 3 settings in the properties window: DoNotPlot, MarkersOnly, TextandMarkers. The trades were still not showing. Can someone assist me in resolving?

Thanks.
    Last edited by RookieTrader; 03-16-2010, 04:42 PM.

Hello RookieTrader,

Thank you for your post.

To have the charts scroll together you will want to enable the Global Cross Hair from the toolbar. You can enable as well by selecting CTRL+G as the keyboard shortcut.

On the new chart can you please right click on the chart and select Properties and make sure that the session ends and session begins times are set to 12:00 AM so that it includes 24 hours of data.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan,

That took care of the charts scrolling together, but I'm still unable to display existing trade information on the new window, such as: stops & targets. Can you also assist with that?

Comment

Hi,

You will want to enable Chart Trader (4th icon from the right), and make sure you are viewing the same instrument and Account on the charts to view the stops and targets.

Comment

Ryan,

I did that. ChartTrader was in live mode while the older charts were in simulation. When I switch it to simulation, the existing trade appeared, but so did a bunch entry points and signals with up and down arrows that I didn't want. Example: attach. How do I get rid of?

By the way I may have to step away for an hour or so.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

To remove those trade executions you will want to right click and then go to Properties. Change the Plot Executions property to DoNotPlot.

Comment

Thanks a bunch Ryan. That took care of everything. You were a great help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920