Modifying Exit Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying Exit Orders

Is there anyway to modify an ATM strategy's exit orders before the entry order is filled. The problem I'm having is if I want to modify an exit profit/stop after an ATM entry order has already been place, I have to cancel my entry order and replace it with the new profit/stop.

This isn't desirable b/c I lose my spot in the queue. So... is there a way to modify my exit orders before the entry is filed, and without having to give up my spot in queue?

Most other trading platforms allow you to do this: TradeStation XTrader etc... Can Ninja do it?

Hi heyligerb,

Thank you for your post.

Not only can you modify the position of the Profit Target and stop Loss...

and - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...cellingOrders2

you can also modify the Stop Strategy....
    1. First, disable the parameters by right clicking in the buy or sell column of the order - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...?AutoBreakeven
    2. Then right click again to edit the parameters, click ok, then enable them by right clicking once more.
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Perhaps I wasn't clear... I need to be able modify the profit/stop BEFORE the entry order is filled. Here's what I need to do:

** Entry order placed with 3/6 profit stop
      ** Entry order not filled after period of time.
      ** Since entry order has not been filled, I need to change my profit/stop from 3/6 to 5/6, so when the entry is filled my profit target will be 5 ticks instead of 3.

I've not seen a way to accomplish this in NT. The only way I know to accomplish this is the cancel the entry order (lose my spot in queue), and replace the entry using another ATM strategy with 5/6 parameter. This is not acceptable to me for this trade setup.

Please advise...

Comment

Hi heyligerb,

Please see the first part of my previous response on moving a Profit Target and Stop Loss....

Not only can you modify the position of the Profit Target and stop Loss...

and - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...cellingOrders2

Comment

Tim,

I don't think you understand what I'm asking... perhaps another set of eyes on this question will shed some light on what I'm asking...

I'll state the fact one more time. I need to be able to modify where my exit profit order will be placed BEFORE my entry order is filled... WITHOUT having to cancel an re-send my entry order.

Thanks

Brian

Comment

Hi heyligerb,

My apologies for the confusion.

Unfortunately, this is not possible, you would need to cancel the order and re-submit. If you do not want to lose your place in line, you can simply let the order be filled, then change the parameters once it is filled

Comment

Yea... figured....

That won't be poissible since I'll be sleeping. This should be a feature in NT 7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes