Custom indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom indicator

Hello. Im trying to use the Marker Analyzer to the row filter based on a custom indicator that I wish to create. Im having problems creating my custom indicator though. I want the indicator to have the following rule: know when an instrument (an equity) put in a closing low > than the previous closing low based on a time frame I set (ie 5 minute, 15 minute, ect.). I then need to implement this indicator into the market analyzer as a column so i can use row filter to then show me all the instruments in my list that have put in a higher low. Is this possible to create? I tired to use the ninja script strategy wizard but could not figure it out. Any help you guys could provide would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Marcus

Hello marcussharp,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately this option is not available within the Market Analyzer and will need to be created within the Strategy Wizard.

I have provided a link below to our Online Video Library which has a section dedicated to the Strategy Wizard.

I have also attached a screen shot of the parameters required within the Condition Builder.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey christopher thanks for the quick response. It was very helpful. When im using the strategy wizard and creating a condition how do i know the time frame the bar is looking at. Like in the picture example you attached under parameters i understand that 0 is for the current bar and 1 is for the previous bar but what time frame is the bar looking at (1min, 5min, ect.) and how can i customize that option.

Also when going through the market analyzer in more detail I found under columns -> indicator -> Nbarsdown and Nbarsup. Isnt this similar to what i am looking for?

Comment

Hi marcussharp,

The time frame this will be calculated on will be determined by the time frame chart you apply the strategy too. For example if you have a 3 minute chart open and apply the strategy it will calculate based off of the 3 minute bars.

Keep in mind you would not have the ability to add this strategy to the Market Analyzer window but can apply this to a chart.

The NBarsDown and NBarsUp will only display after consecutive bars have been either up or down.

Another thing you can do is download the NinjaPriceAction indicator from our NinjaScript File Sharing area which will display LL, LH, HH, HL, DT and DB. With this indicator you can add it to the Market Analyzer which will then give you a signal when this has been triggered on the chart.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 03-17-2010, 01:34 PM.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post tkaboris  
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        16 responses
        0 likes