Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay

For Market Replay to work do I have to have the instriument on the chart open during the course of the session I want to replay? If the instrument is in the Market Analyzer during the session and NOT on an open chart would I be able to replay it?
    Thanks

Hi designer,

The Market Replay will record data from the Market Analyzer as well.
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried to replay charts of the instruments from the market analyzer but the charts come out blank...please advice.
      Thanks

Comment

Hi designer,

If you right click in the Market Replay window, do you see the instrument and time listed as available?
        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same issue,, with Replay, I can see the data on the Orders Tab coming through, in the, bid ask last box, but nothing on a chart, chart is set to the available contract. Right click, Available Data, I can see the contracts available. This was imported data,, had not tried data recorded through 7 yet.
          Last edited by gg80108; 03-19-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Hi,

What is the interval of the chart that you are viewing, and what are the available times you see listed when you right click in the Market Replay playback and then choose available instruments.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
              Hi,

What is the interval of the chart that you are viewing, and what are the available times you see listed when you right click in the Market Replay playback and then choose available instruments.
              1 minute and added some fill since the system says 1 minute is too short..
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for that clarification.

For the available instruments please go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->data and check the particular dates that I see in the screenshot.

Although, it shows as listed within NinjaTrader 7 as continuous data there may be gaps, and likely what you are seeing is one of those gaps. This is one of the changes made with NinjaTrader 7.

Another thing you can is speed up the data replay and see if the data starts.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                  Hi,

Thank you for that clarification.

For the available instruments please go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->data and check the particular dates that I see in the screenshot.

Although, it shows as listed within NinjaTrader 7 as continuous data there may be gaps, and likely what you are seeing is one of those gaps. This is one of the changes made with NinjaTrader 7.

Another thing you can is speed up the data replay and see if the data starts.
                  I know I don't do weekends and sometimes during the day (6.5) I get the out of memory errors and have to reboot,, so these are not 24 hours and every day continuous in the struck term .

Hopefully you are in suite B (basement) since that snow is really coming down!

Don
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Don,

Within each of those folders will be the particular dates of the historical data, and you can see generally how much data for that particular day is available based on the size of the file.

Also, can you clarify if these were recorded in 6.5, but you are viewing them in 7.

Comment

the charts never change from the start of the replay till end......They came from 6.5 never recored in 7

Comment

Hi,

Can you please sync your PC clock and then reboot your PC. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Also, can you please let me know which chart you are viewing so that I can compare to the available instruments.

Comment

If you right click in the Market Replay window, do you see the instrument and time listed as available?

Yes in Market Replay window I can see the same symbols as in Market Analyzer but in Market Replay connection I can only see charts of symbols where charts were open during the sessions, if the chart for a particular instrument was not open during the session but it was in Market Analyzer I can not see it in Replay Connection mode. What may be the problem?

BTW I can see the instrument values in Market Analyzer replay ok in Market Replay connection in the columns (Columns I have are Bid, Ask, Last Price, NetChange) Which makes me wonder do I have to have any specific column in Market Analyzer open for it to work other than the ones in parethesis above?
                          Thanks in advance
                          Last edited by designer; 03-19-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Your right it was in a gap of the data,, kinda fools ya with the data from somewhere just clicking up in the BID ASK LAST box (order tab)and no chart plots,, that doesn't seem right. The data will stop in the Bid ASK box and appears nothing is going on unless u look close at the Time stamp in the Replay box and its clicking up then everything starts again.. Be nice if it would skip to next block of data if a gap, even at 500x seems like a long time for a gap if one only records the day session..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post cre8able  
                            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby