Stochastic Momentum Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stochastic Momentum Index

I've been using thinkorswim, and their SMI seems to be much different than any other. I'm switching over to NT, and would like to configure your SMI so that it's similar, if possible. The problem is that that tos just gives values for %d and %k, which are 3 and 5 respectively, while NT gives 4 different values that don't seem to correlate. The two indicators are completely different. Is there some way that the NT SMI can be configured to more closely approximate that of tos?

Also, is there some way to arrange the indicators on the lower graph in the order that I want them?

Thank you

Hi shali27,

Thank you for your post.

By default, NinjaTrader does not include the SMI indicator, is this perhaps a custom indicator you downloaded from somewhere? Can you contact the creator?

In the indicator settings (Right click in chart>Indicators) you can specify the "Panel" with the main panel being 1, the one under that being 2 etc. (This changes slightly with NinjaTrader 7)
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I downloaded the indicator from this forum.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tim View Post
      Hi shali27,

Thank you for your post.

By default, NinjaTrader does not include the SMI indicator, is this perhaps a custom indicator you downloaded from somewhere? Can you contact the creator?

In the indicator settings (Right click in chart>Indicators) you can specify the "Panel" with the main panel being 1, the one under that being 2 etc. (This changes slightly with NinjaTrader 7)

Comment

Hi,

Can you please provide me with a screenshot of how the SMI indicator looks in Think or Swim since I am unfamiliar. To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Additionally, could you please refer me to where you downloaded the link since in my search I was unable to find that indicator.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately, I'm not able to get the screen shot of the tos chart. I don't have a "Print Screen" button on my computer, and the "Print" doesn't seem to be working.

I downloaded the indicator from here: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3619

Comment

Shali, every computer has that button, usually next to the F12 key in a group which includes Scroll Lock and Pause Break keys. It would probably have a label like Prt Scr.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Awesome!! I've been wondering how to do that.

Also, I found a thread here that's pertinent: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...?t=4509&page=3

The top post supposedly contains "another version of Stochastic Momentum Index which doesn't get an Overflow error. I tested it against Thinkorswim built-in SMI indicator." Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I am a paid developer. I can look at something if you want. If so, send me a private message.

Comment

Thank you for your offer Someone provided the indicator in another thread.

Comment

no worries!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
                    2 responses