Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How robust are the Non-Zen data feeds?

Hello,

I would like to hear from others on this issue and see if they have a similar experience.

I have a MB Trading Forex demo account and have been paper trading some signals, and also testing a proprietary Ninja strategy against it that I may be adapting for Forex.

This strategy runs fine against the Zen Fire feed. It will run 24/7 without a problem and survive the inevitable brief disconnects to the Zen data feed and recover fine.

That is not the case with the MB Trading Forex feed to Ninja. Several times now the strategy causes Ninja to go into a CPU hog, taking all of the CPU. I then have to reboot the machine to shut Ninja down so I can get control again.

(This is being tested on a leased server -- not a VPS -- in a premium Chicago data center. It doesn't get much better than that for hardware and internet stability.)

I had an email to Ninja tech support and they said that I should post to this forum, and that possibly this was caused when Ninja was unable to get data for the chart or the strategy and then going into a kind of lock up.

I'm wondering if others have had this problem, specifically with MB Trading, and if it occurs with other non Zen feeds.

If that is so, then perhaps running an automated strategy against a non-Zen feed is not advised.

I realize this may not reflect the quality of the data feed, but the loose integration between Ninja and the data feed. For example, for MB Trading, Ninja does not go directly to the MB Trading data servers, but through an MB Trading program interface. This introduces another layer of possible failure between Ninja and the data server.

Anyone else?

Thanks

Hello,

Please let me know if you have a question for us in support.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

already asked support

Hello,

I already had a conversation witn NT support on this...but there seems to be no clear answer from that side and he suggested I write in the forum.

This is an important issue.

I'm starting to get the impression that automated Ninja strategies should only be run against a Zen powered broker.

Please advise, thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
      1 response
      0 likes