Can NT connect to QCharts via eSignal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can NT connect to QCharts via eSignal?

I just joined your forum - good group, lots of expertise here. But I can’t find a definitive answer for the eSignal/QCharts connection question. I have tried, unsuccessfully, to get NT to connect to my QCharts account. Whenever I try to connect, I get error messages complaining about IMPLODE.DLL and DBCAPI.DLL. Before you ask, it is a live account that I use daily and with the latest version of the software installed.

I’ve spent about an hour reviewing all the posts I could find and see lots of eSignal connection issues - most seem to be eventually addressed. But several members have asked about QCharts. It should connect, since it uses the eSignal Data Manager, but I haven’t seen any posts declaring success.

Does anyone have a final answer on this?

Thanks.

Hello,

I don't know what QCharts are so I can't help you with those. However, eSignal is a supported connectivity provider:

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to eSignal.
    Click here to take me to the eSignal Connection Guide
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

I don't know what QCharts are so I can't help you with those. However, eSignal is a supported connectivity provider:

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to eSignal.
      Click here to take me to the eSignal Connection Guide
      Thanks for the reply, but I have already visited those pages and tried to process those steps. I'm hoping to find a QCharts user who has successfully logged into his/her account with NT.

Comment

Hello,

You will use eSignal to run NT charts. NT can't do anything with your QCharts.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just thought I’d close the loop on this.

After doing some research and conferring with eSignal support I confirmed that NT does, indeed, support QCharts. More precisely, it supports the eSignal Data Manager which is common to both eSignal and QCharts. The problem is that NT looks for the Data Manger DLL's in an ESignal folder, so if eSignal is not installed on the machine, it generates the ‘missing DLL’ error messages and refuses to connect.

All one has to do is install eSignal and everybody's happy. I haven’t had a chance to try this, but one could probably just create the appropriate eSignal folder structure and populate it with the necessary DLL’s or create an NTFS Junction Point (if on an NTFS disk) and that should work as well.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
          80 responses
          5 likes