Level II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

easy is relative

im frustrated like lots of other customers. ive waited over a year for a non beta release of the product, been told i dont know how many times, they cant recreate the problem during beta and that thats for future consideration.

i have concluded this is a technology organization, period. it seems to me that the simpliest of trader based knowledge would help them take thier product to the next level but instead we are languishing in techno world.

sorry but thats what ive seen and am beginning to see it pop up on numerous forums. lots of "owners" who are evaluating thier options.

Comment

Originally posted by trader1512 View Post
      im frustrated like lots of other customers. ive waited over a year for a non beta release of the product, been told i dont know how many times, they cant recreate the problem during beta and that thats for future consideration.

i have concluded this is a technology organization, period. it seems to me that the simpliest of trader based knowledge would help them take thier product to the next level but instead we are languishing in techno world.

sorry but thats what ive seen and am beginning to see it pop up on numerous forums. lots of "owners" who are evaluating thier options.
      I can appreciate your frustration, although being a rookie at all this, I may not understand it. I pulled the trigger on a lifetime license with Ninja because I can't see throwing money away on leases. I researched quite a while before going with the NT / Zen / Amp combo. If nothing more than pure cost and ease of use.

I hope I don't run into your frustions later on, as I learn more. If I do, I will simply move to a new platform / broker, while keeping NT in my arsenal.

This seems like the best place for me to start and learn.

Good luck with all your endeavers...

Comment

We are taking longer than originally anticipated with NinjaTrader 7, this is no surprise. We do have about 1,100 people in our beta program and do anticipate releasing public beta next week. That being said, we are surely not trying to frustrate you. I am the CEO of the company and have reviewed this thread and have attempted to clarify some of your questions below. Please let me know if I have failed and I will try and do better.

- Our L2 screens are not limited and show all data that is provided by the market data provider you are connected to
        - A L2 screen historically for trading stocks and the ID column represents the id/name of the market maker or ECN particpating in the this selected market
        - With futures, there is only the exchange and all particpants on the bid/ask are displayed in aggregate in terms of total contracts at the displayed price
        - Unfortunately we do not provide trading advice although we will try and help you understand the information our tools are displaying
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you

i am not looking for trading advice. what i was looking for seemed to be somewhat tool oriented. you answered it partially. a glossary of terms for your tools would be very helpful in confirming what we think is being displayed. this is much different than advice.

i came over to ninja last march with high expectations of the new version. i went with a lease thinking i would be able to test and convert to the new product with a lifetime license in the first couple of months. that didnt happen and i have spent over $700 waiting.

since i couldnt stay with 6.5 because windows seven wasnt supported i was finally allowed to become a beta user only after agreeeing to buy a lifetime license. this gave me the opportunity to start evaluating what the new version would offer.

now after more than a lifetime license would have cost me if the product was reasonably on schedule, i dont find it prudent to go back to my previous charting platform.

Comment

Thanks for your update, Ray. I am always impressed by your company's hands on approach to tech support. I would rather a software release be late and come out fully functional, instead of early and buggy. Please take your time.

Trader1512 is, no doubt , more advanced than I am in the technical matters of trading and I can understand his frustration.

We are all here because we researched the web well before making the decision to trade with this platform. I'm sure all will turn out well and am looking forward to NT7.

Comment

Urgent - L2 window freezing when selecting instrument

Have NT v6.5, also have IQ data feed. The level2 window will freeze anytime I try to select an instrument. It happens when the data feed is runing. When the data-feed is off I can make the selections, however if I turn it back on the L2 window does not receive any input. As soon as I try to make another instrument selection the window will hang the entire program.

This is a serious issues and may have been dealt with somewhere else, if that is the case than I appologize for not looking deeper.

Thank you for your help

Peter

Comment

Hello fx_pete,

Thank you for your post.

So that we may investigate, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
                You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I am using NT 7 Beta and IB as my broker. I have no ids for ES either in my Level II screen. Is this expected as well???

Comment

IF it is expected, can you advise with futures broker will let me see IDs. You have a long list of supported brokers, but I don't know which ones allow to see ids

Comment

Hello,

Tank you for your forum post.

Would be expected if you do not have level 2 data enabled for your account with IB. Can you please contact IB and see if you have this enabled on your account for this instrument.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Of course, I have level II data enabled. I see IDs for all other stocks, but not for ES.

Comment

anituchka,

Which version of TWS are you using? (Help > About Trader Workstation)

Comment

I checked my TWS and see Globex in the MM (ID) field there. So it is not IB's problem. Shouldn't I see Globex in the ID field in Ninja? build 906.8, that's the one I was told to use by your fellow colleagues to make it compatible with NT7

Comment

anituchka,

Would it be possible to test on our end using your specific connection?

If so, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Brett' in the subject line.

In the message, include the following:

1.) A link to this thread.

2.) The username and password we'll need to connect.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                              1 response
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                              4 responses