ATM setup Assistance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM setup Assistance please

So I went back and changed around somethings of the ATM strategy i wish to implement, sorry if last post was hard to interput. Here's the Strategy I wish to implement..... I will trade 2 contracts. Use a stop of -5 ticks upon Entry. Now, once price hits +2, I want stop to go to -4, Once price hits +3, I want stop to move to -3, Once price hits +4, I want stop to move to +3. And lastly, if it can be done automatically, I'd like for my stop to move to +4 once price hits +8. And I guess from here, I can manually manage it. My main thing is this, My initial Target for Profit on each trade is a Profit of 3 ticks, but I want to lock that profit it once price hits +4 and then if not take out, I want to keep traiuling it if it keeps moving in my favor. As always, thank you all again for taking the time to answer my questions and help me get everything setup correctly. Thanks - Mike

Hello,

I would be happy to provide screenshots of this ATM Strategy setup. However I am confused by your last part about your profit target. If you have your profit target set to 3 then the trailing stop doesnt matter past 3 since you are already out of the trade. Are you looking to take 1 contract out at +3?

Comment

I see your point.........

What meant to say was, Once Price hits +4, then have Stop move me to +3. Initially that is my target for each trade, but I want to stay in for a few more ticks past that point if the chance arises. So yeah, Once price hits +4, I would like to have my sto move to +3. Sorry again for the confuion and thanks once again for the help - Mike

Comment

Here is the attached ATM Strategy. Please test this out on the simulated data feed to make sure it works as expected.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Brett.
          This is something that will help me. For some reason my brain does not seem able to get the ATM thing. I have tried a few of the Webinars but it might be a good idea to devote one to just ATMs and with more specific examples on stops, trails etc
          Jim

Comment

Thank you..........

very much Brett. This helped alot. i really appreciate it - Mike

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by elderan, Yesterday, 08:03 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH