Market Replay 3 year contract files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay 3 year contract files

I would like to replay the 'YM 09-07' contract. I have the following file setup 'C:\Users\user\Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\db\data\20070910\YM 09-07.ntm' I can connect to Market Replay, and see the available instrument. When I create a new chart to replay the data, how do I specify the instrument? The instrument list in 'Format Data Series' only goes back to 'YM 01-09'. I tried 'YM ##-##' but that did not work. How do I replay file 'YM 09-07.ntm' on a chart?

Hello monpere,

Thank you for your post.

To view that time frame you will want to close NinjaTrader and then change your PC clock to view a time period close to that YM contract. Then when you reopen NinjaTrader you will be able to go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and then add the YM 09-07 contract to the Default Instrument List.

Please see the following link for more on that process.

Once you do that please close NinjaTrader and then change the system time back and then sync your PC clock. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Then please reopen NinjaTrader and you should be able to view that particular contract from the chart.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hello monpere,

Thank you for your post.

To view that time frame you will want to close NinjaTrader and then change your PC clock to view a time period close to that YM contract. Then when you reopen NinjaTrader you will be able to go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and then add the YM 09-07 contract to the Default Instrument List.

Please see the following link for more on that process.

Once you do that please close NinjaTrader and then change the system time back and then sync your PC clock. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Then please reopen NinjaTrader and you should be able to view that particular contract from the chart.
      Are you kidding me? Change my PC clock? This is the official method of replaying older files in NinjaTrader? That's uncacceptable man! I would have preferred if you said, this cannot be done currently in NT, and will be put on a list for future enhancements.

Comment

Hello monpere,

Unfortunately this is the only way to add instruments with expiries that are older than a year ago, Ryan is correct here. The instrument manager will only list expiries up to one year ago.

To work around it, you will need to set your PC clock temporarily to a date back in time. That way you can add the instrument with the expiry you like to your instrument list.

Once you added the instrument, close NinjaTrader and set back your PC clock to the current time.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello monpere,

Unfortunately this is the only way to add instruments with expiries that are older than a year ago, Ryan is correct here. The instrument manager will only list expiries up to one year ago.

To work around it, you will need to set your PC clock temporarily to a date back in time. That way you can add the instrument with the expiry you like to your instrument list.

Once you added the instrument, close NinjaTrader and set back your PC clock to the current time.
          I understand, but what I am saying is that this is unacceptable for a commercial software product of this caliber. You need to alter the code to enable users to replay any file any time. I should be able to replay a file from 800 BC, if I have that file. I've been a software engineer for years, I would never program a piece of software that required a user to reset their pc clock to enable a feature that I advertise. Would you agree? I can bet you that your competitors don't require resetting the clock to replay older files. The only acceptable answer should be, you will add this to a future list of enhancements.
          Last edited by monpere; 03-23-2010, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Monpere,

Thank you for the recommendation and I have forwarded it to development as an enhancement.

As a side note I tested this issue with NinjaTrader 7, and am able to add any contract front month from within a chart, but am still limited within the Instrument Manager.

Comment

More Control over Downloading Replay Data

Since I see wish-list stuff posted:

I like to see a replay download control panel.

Using replay to rebuild data from real-time indicators (Gom, etc.) Have to download one day at a time, one instrument at a time. Then run the replay with the recorders (run 4) in a chart for each instrument.

Be nice to be able to download from date to date for several instruments from one control panel.

Comment

Hi ZTrade101,

Thank you for your post, and the suggestion.

I will forward this suggestion to development, and if I understand correctly you are looking for a method of extracting indicator data from market replay en masse.

Comment

Thank Ryan,

I just downloaded a week each of 6e, CL & YM. I have to write down as I start each day what I'm downloading, as it takes a few minutes & I'm forgetful. Forget it if the phone rings or... I have to disconnect ZenFire, connect to Replay, then look at what is available and fill in the blanks. If I could do all at once, that would just be really helpful.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification, and I will pass that information along to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                    116 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post kevinenergy  
                    Started by franatas, 12-04-2023, 03:43 AM
                    7 responses