Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can you drive a chart indicator based on market analyzer data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you drive a chart indicator based on market analyzer data?

Hello,

Is it possible to have data in the market analyzer (last price) drive an indicator on a chart? I have a horizontal line that is plotted (and updates) on my chart based on last price, but I would like it to get the last price values from the market analyzer. Even if NinjaTrader by default can't do this, does anyone think this is something that might be possible to program? Thank you

Hello wjhamilton,

Both the chart and Market Analyzer receive the same real-time data from the data feed you are connected. There is no need to perform additional steps to have this accomplished.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is a precursor to for getting an indicator working on a chart in a particular way. I want to be able to see the last price update on the chart without generating any bars for half an hour before market opens in order to see where a stock is going to gap to. Any bars generated during pre market hours (by changing the chart session from 6:30am to 6:00am) would affect my moving averages and other indicators which won't work for me. For that reason I would like market analyzer to pump last price data into my chart for half an hour before market opens if possible in order to preserve my bar structure.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported. However you can load indicators in the Market Analyzer using an Indicator column.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just to make sure, so there's no way to have a strategy that could extract values of indicators from Market Analyzer? Basically, I want to run a strategy on a few hundreds of instruments in real-time without having to plot charts for all of them them.

If this important link is missing I'd suggest it for future updates.

Comment

Hello,

You can't access MA via a strategy. You can run a strategy on the strategy tab in the control center:

No chart is plotted this way.
            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post cls71
            by cls71