Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT picking back up a swing trade with IB

Hi,

I swing trade futures, and seem to be having a problem. Say I put in a GTC strategy and whether it was filled (and still open) or still waiting to get filled, when I shut down IB and restart IB(you have to once a day) and reconnect NT, the strategy shows up, but is not "Active ATM". I swear it used to pick back up a ATM strategy as "Active", but now seems not to be. While the DOM with the strategy shows the position, it does not show target or stops orders in the DOM. IB still shows the orders, but afraid NT is not controlling them (i.e. breakeven stops etc.).

Ideas?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please go to Tools-->Account Connections and then highlight the IB connection and hit the Change button.

Can you please go through the Account Connection Wizard and please make sure that the Local OCO simulation option is not enabled.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanO; 03-23-2010, 05:17 PM.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your note.

Can you please go to Tools-->Account Connections and then highlight the IB connection and hit the Change button.

Can you please go through the Account Connection Wizard and please make sure that the Local OCO simulation option is not enabled.

Hi Ryan,

The Local OCO was not enabled. I also have been experiencing an error when my first target is hit that may explain this. Today, I had my first target(out of 2) hit in the ES, once that trade was done, I got this message:

"No such order(201) Affected Order: Sell 2 stoplimit @ 1161.75 x 1156.75"

Basically, when target 1 is hit, I have NT move stop to break even and either T2 is hit or BE is hit.

So right now, the stop was moved to break even and I have an order out for target 2, but the strategy is not Active in NT. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hello,

That message is related to an order rejection with IB.

Can you please go to Help-->About in TWS and please let us know what version of the TWS application you are using.

When you have that information can you please forward it and your log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Trace files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Trace-> trace.2010xxxx.txt
        Log files will be located by going to My Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.2010xxxx.txt

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Ok, weird deal, but my trace and log files, the latest one is from 3/12 ?!? I keep NT running 24/7. Just to let you know, TWS version is 901.8.

And, today, when I disconnected IB and reconnected to NT, the strategy's are now back to being "Active". Yesterday that was not the case.

Any ideas on the log/trace files?

Comment

Hi,

If you keep NinjaTrader running 24/7 then the last trace file date will be from when you closed NinjaTrader. So, the 3/12 file likely contains the information that I am after.

Also, the most current supported version of TWS is 900.6, and you will want to uninstall the version you are running and install 900.6 from the following link.

Comment

Ok, well the trace and log files are too big (over 25MB) for yahoo to email.

Comment

Hi,

You can use www.yousendit.com to attach those large files so that we can review them.

Comment

Ok, sending them via yousendit.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Skifree
                  by Skifree