Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Corrupted charting on FDAX and FGBL > 15 min; Pivots not correct; view more periods ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupted charting on FDAX and FGBL > 15 min; Pivots not correct; view more periods ?

Hi,

not sure if it's wisest to compile 3 problems into one thread but lets see how it goes.

First, on ym and es and nq etc I don't have any problems looking at their charts on various tick or minute configurations, they all show up properly.

On FGBL and FDAX however anything beyond around 1000 tick or 15 min charts displays in a couple of spikes and beyond that just one horizontal line, ie I am not seeing what happened properly in the past on those higher settings.

Any ideas what might cause that erroneous display on higher time frames ?

(I've repaired data base already if that might have anything to do with it...)

Also, on all instruments I have zero availability of daily, weekly etc data...(I get my data from amp)

Second, as for pivots, even though in indicator settings I'm using daily bars I get completey different values in tick or minute bar settings, which doesn't do the purpose of pivots justice, as for any instrument for those using the same calculations every one should be seeing the same values.

Final question: I'd like to see more bars in one chart than the default setting, ie what I'd like to be able to do to see more data at one glance isn't have to scroll back, but just have more bars display, ie zoom out viewable data from the outset.

Basically what you can do here:

NetDania.com offers free real-time quotes, trading signals, live stock market data, trading on mobile and desktop, portfolio, streaming charts, financial news, full trading solutions for banks and brokers and more.

Under "view" and "periods".

Many thanks in advance for any help !!!

Hello,

Thank you for your forum post.

I will answer all three questions below,

1) On this issue can you please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and mention this forum post.

2) The Zenfire/TT connection does not support daily data, therefore you will be unable to pull up a daily chart/ weekly chart/ etc. To pull up a daily chart using a minute chart you can use a 1440 minute chart. This is also why the pivots indicator is not functioning. To allow it function properly please set the indicator parameters(Right Click on chart and select indicators and select the pivots indicator) for PriorDayHLC to CalcFromIntraDay Data.

3) You can use left click on the horizontal time bar and drag, this will allow you compress and decompress the chart.

Navigating a chart: (Compress and Decompress Section)

Comment

Hi Brett,

superb, thank you very much, that's two out of three solved, and will send out that email for the last prob asap. (Btw, the chart problems on higher time frames apply to FESX as well along with FDAX and FGBL.)

Best,

Markus

Comment

Hi, sent the email yesterday right after posting but haven't received any answers yet.

Now the problem is worsening...

this morning (European CET time) 100 tick charts / 1 min charts etc on FDAX, FESX or FGBL were all corrupted too, ie weird spikes and inbetween flatlining...

Other products like ym, es etc worked fine.

And to make things worse as of just about now I can't even connect ninja to the web any more despite shutting down and restarting both ninja and the pc several times...

It tells me to check my web connection...

Well thats working obviously as I'm typing and posting this or surfing other sites as well.

This is really pretty bad !

Comment

Just sent an email to support with my log.

Comment

Hello,

Please check your SPAM filer as we respond to every ticket we recieve fairly quickly.

After further research please see the following link for more information on this issue.

Comment

Hi Brett, thx for your prompt reply, your link seems to clarify the bad data problem, and I've just sent you an email regarding my logon problems.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Tim-c
              by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
              0 responses