OS recommendations for returning user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OS recommendations for returning user

I am a returning Ninja Trader user. After having been out of the US for quite a while, I have returned and am awaiting delivery on an Intel I7 machine (LGA 1366) that will be populated with 6 GB of RAM. This will replace the older Core quad machine used before in my trading setup.

After having read various posts here on the forum about 32 vs 64 bit OS'es and Windows 7 plus the NT 7 Beta ( the video is impressive) I would like a recommendation on what OS to install. I have a licensed copy of 32 bit XP Pro. Question is whether to install that and forego 2 MB of memory in the new machine, whether to buy a copy of XP Pro 64 bit edition (from what I understand support for XP Pro will stop sometime next year) or Windows 7 64 bit.

With the HD structure on the new machine it wont be any problem to dual boot 2 of these.

Any recommendations would be deeply appreciated. I am looking forward to getting back to work.

Warmest regards
    Carr Mccormack III

Hello Carr,

Thank you for your post.

I can not recommend a specific OS to install, but I can say that we presently do support 64 bit operating systems and Windows 7. Since that is the case the only recommendation that I would make is that regardless of what operating system you choose it will be supported, and you should get the one you are most comfortable with, as well as the one you consider the best.

Perhaps, other users who are already using NinjaTrader 7 can relay their experiences.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan

Many thanks for the information. It will be interesting to see if we get any other feedback on this.

At this point Im most inclined from an obsolesence standpoint to go ahead with W 7 64 bit to take advantage of the new platform to its fullest extent but hopefully we will get input from others who have made the same decision and see their experiences......

Carr

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes