Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error message from Genetic Optimizer (PH Genetics, NT 6.5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message from Genetic Optimizer (PH Genetics, NT 6.5)

Hi! After a lot of hours of programming I'm eventually ready to start backtesting and optimizing my strategies. I'v tried with the default optimizer on 6 month of historical data for 1 min ES, but the computer gets stuck after a few minutes. (I have between 6-15 variables including some enums to optimize.) Therefore I'v downloaded a genetic optimizer (PH Genetics) that is fast and seams reliable. But for one of my strategies it returns just an error message:
    There are no optimization results available, since the strategy has no parameters to optimize
    (se attachment)

This is rather strange since the default optimizer don't throws any error message when optimizing the same strategy on a short time period with a few variables.

Do you have any idea what could cause this error message? What can I change in my strategy to avoid this error message?

I have serched the code for the PH Genetics but didn't find the error message in the code. What program file does throw this error message? Is it the Genetic Optimizer or is it a standard error in NT? If so, what does cause this error?

/Regards
    Attached Files

Hello poseidon sthlm,

Unfortunately I am not sure what is causing the error message.

Where did you download this genetic optimizer? If this is a 3rd party add-on, please contact the vendor to troubleshoot the issue.

It seems this genetic optimizer causes the error, since it does not occur when using the default optimizer.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses