Running Multi-Period Backtesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Multi-Period Backtesting

Trying to get the Multi-Period Historical backtesting script to work from the strategy forum, but I'm not sure how to get it working. Want to get an idea of how a strategy of going long/short the 1min with cci, macd, and stochastics works with the higher time frames. Any help in defining parameters and getting this working is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello Claros,

Thank you for your post.

I'm not familiar with this particular strategy. Maybe some other members or the author can share some details.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's this one. I have not had much success with the NinjaScript development, and have largely quit trying. It seems like it should be more point and click, but it always frustrates me, and I would really like to it easier, or for us to just email support. Tell support what we want to do, and have it ready to roll. Equus International was great for this, and within a few minutes of getting a response email, I would be using the indicator, etc. Ninja is great, but need to streamline some of the user defined input features, so we can spend more time trading.

Comment

claros, we're sorry to hear your frustration - developing in NinjaScript / C# can take some time getting familiar to but after this learning curve (as any new language would have) you have a very powerful toolset at your disposal.

If you want to get started the 'point & click' way, we would suggest working with the Strategy Wizard, it would allow you to contruct strategies and visualizations without the need to program and you gain the benefit to view the custom code underlying the process generated, a great learning experience for custom coding perhaps at a later stage.

As custom code developmemt can get quite complex and we're unfortunately not familiar with all 3rd party codes published, we would suggest you try contacting the original author of the posted strategy and see if he's willing to provide some additional insight into its workings.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok thank you. I'm also planning to attend the online training session. I know the software is very powerful, so it's a learning curve.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

You're welcome, you should plan to attend the strategy development intro one on March 30th - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/tr...ine_events.htm
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ftsc2022, 10-25-2022, 12:03 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post KeyonMatthews  
            Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes