Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

requests

Hi,
    I've been tinkering with Ninja as a beginner, trying to figure out how to do different stuff, mostly in charting, and I've run across what appear to be some limitations (or, alternatively, they're limitations to my understanding). If the following are NOT possible, I'd like to turn this thread into serious requests for version 7, which hopefully will come out sometime before hell freezes over:

1) I want to merge templates. Currently, it seems that, if I create a template and then apply it to a chart that already has had a template of indicators applied to it, then the first template gets erased when the new template is applied. This is not a good idea. It would be far more useful to be able to overlay templates--in other words, to be able to add and subtract groups of indicators.

2) I want there to be a "default" button on chart properties, so that every time I open a new chart, I don't have to waste time changing all the default settings. My eyes can't see Ariel 8 pt, at least not well enough. Every single chart that I bring up, I want to be in Verdana 11 point bold. That's just what my eyes see best. Maybe there's some way to do this currently?

3) For individual indicators, I want a "default" button so that every time I apply an indicator, the same settings pop up. Sometimes I spend weeks or even months backtesting the settings of all sorts of indicators. I know which settings work for me and I'd just like to be able to apply them every time I add a given indicator to a chart.

4) I want to be able to copy/paste charts from one workspace to another. This would be a GREAT help.

You can see that all my suggestions have to do with the efficiency of charting. There may be workarounds for these requests. If so, I would be most grateful for any help along these lines.

Thanks, Tasuki

Hi Tasuki,

Thank you for your note.

Much of this can be done by creating unique templates, NinjaTrader does not have restrictions on how many templates you can build and save.

Indicator defaults will be available with NinjaTrader 7.
    Please see the "New Indicator Defaults" section at - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html
    TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes