installation issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installation issue

I'm trying to install NT 6.5 on WinXP, but the installation fails. I have installed successfully in the past though my setup may have been different.

The error message I get is "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: DOCUME`1\joeblow;LOCALS`1\Temp\Tmp6.tmp

I have read in the past that issues may rise when you have your doc&settings located on another drive, though strangely my other computer has it on D and it runs NT fine (non live version). The issue I remember was something to do with MS NET.

Why can't NT install? Is there a way to install NT without completely changing everything about my system? One thought I had was to change the temp directory location only since that seems to be involved in the problem, would that work?
    Last edited by Sceptre4444; 03-26-2010, 01:50 PM.

Hello Sceptre4444,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
    4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
    5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk or drive you currently have NinjaTrader installed on and then press search.
    6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history.
    7. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    8. Reboot your machine.
    9. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
      Download NinjaTrader will need to be installed on the drive where your Documents folder resides.
    Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,
      No your reinstall solution did not work.
      from your last message I did attempt to install NT in C Partition with My Docs in D partition, It failed, (same Drive) I did also attempt to install NT into the D partition with My docs in Dpartition It failed, my other computer has NT on C drive and my Docs on D Drive, and it runs fine. I can't figure out why NT won't install.

The first error I get is "Unable to connect to database "Provider=Mircosoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Adim;Data Source=D;\Documents and Settings \Me\My Documents\NinjaTrader6.5\\db\NinjaTrader.mdb': ObjectSpace: Connection String is Invalid - Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServicesWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The System cannot find the file specified. (Note the file does exist in my system and the file is there I don't understand the error message)

The next error message titled Assertion Failed: Abort=Quit Retry=Debug, Ignore= Continue

Db.Global.get Engine1
      at Globals.get_Engine()

It goes on from there I'll let you know if that info is needed.

Chris, I have never had NT installed on this computer before, perhaps I have done something else regarding net or jet or something else?
      Last edited by Sceptre4444; 04-21-2010, 09:02 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

This indicates you may have a corrupt or incorrect version of the Jet Database Engine or MDAC installed. I have provided a link below to repair your MDAC system components:

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes