Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

account group & strategy tab

Hi,

I am using NJScript strategies for automated trading and have two questions:

1. Can I use group accounts for NJScript strategies? I have setup a group account for my IB accounts, but when I open chart and setup startegy to run, I don't see the group account in the account selecttion field.

2. When I setup to run strategy from strategy tab, I don't see the "From" field in "Time frame" section. The strategy needs historical data. Did I forget anything..?

millridge, to answer your questions:

1) At this time you cannot select IB account groups. You will have to select each individual account.

2) There should be a property called Days to Load or something like that. This specifies how much historical data will be loaded.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin,

Thanks for quick reply.

1) I am using NT6.5, is group account feature for running a NJScript strategy available in NT7.0?

2) Defining how may days of data to load property is available for running a NJScript from a chart, but not from strategy tab. In fact, when I check the on-line help guide, it does say the "From" property suppose to set the start date for the historical data set, but strangely this "From" property is not shown on my NT software. See attached screen capture..
      Attached Files

Comment

millridge, there are currently not any changes planned for NT7 and account groups.

I see what you're saying about the "from" field missing. You can just set "Min bars required" to however many bars your strategy needs to start functioning properly. It will basically have the same effect.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Since the Group account feature is implementedn in NT, why not make it also available for NJScript strategy trading?

Regarding using "Min bars required", I don't think it will do what I need, maybe I didn't make it clear. My trading strategy needs starting to run from one month data back, while "min bars required" means # of bars for each calculation, as I understand .
          I

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion to add the account groups for strategy execution.

The chart defaults are used when launching a strategy from the tab, you can set them via Tools > Options > Data - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...deV6/Data.html
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes