Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time on Charts

Please l am new to this plateform. Am using tick charts: 100 and 300
    the times are different; one chart reads 19:19 and the other reads 20:19. How can I adjust them to the right time?

Thanks
    Forsouls

Hello Forsouls,

Can you please tell me to what data feed you connect.

Most likely the data is timestamped as per your PC clock. It seems there is a difference of one hour between the PC clocks on your 2 PC's.

Set the PC clock the same as the other PC while NinjaTrader is closed. Subsequently create new charts and check if time resembles.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Time on chart

Thank you Jason, I will do so.
      Since I have you, can you please send me information on what Jessica was teaching on thursday some indicator that shows HH and LL in the chart, I believe she said something about download.

Thanks
      Forsouls.

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure what indicator you refer. What is indicated by HH and LL?

Could it be you are looking to display the high and low of the day? If so, you can apply the CurrentDayOHL indicator to your chart. The PriorDayOHLC indicator will display the OHLC information of yesterday. These indicators are listed by default in NinjaTrader.

In addition, you can find custom indicators created by other users under NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion - Indicators in this forum.

Comment

it means higher high and lower low

forsouls

Comment

I believe you refer to the Swing indicator, which is available by default in NinjaTrader.

Let me know if this is not the case.

Comment

ATM Strategy

Hello Jason, I am very challenged with your roburst ATM.
              Please help figure out how to figure the numbers that should go into the different steps if I am using Autotrail/breakeven all the different strategies in your ATM strategy
              for example I buy AUD/JPY 2 lots @ 84.76, Stoploss 83.27 and profit target is 86.46 and I want to scale out in 2 steps.

thank you very much.
              forsouls

Comment

You can find information and instructions to setup Auto Breakeven and AutoTrail stop strategies at the links below.

Auto Breakeven

AutoTrail

I am not sure if I follow your example; what is exactly meant by scale out in 2 steps?

The Auto Breakeven will trigger once the profit trigger is met. It will adjust your stop loss.

The AutoTrail will adjust your stop loss as well. Once you have X amount of ticks in profit (Profit trigger), the stop loss will adjust X ticks behind the market (Stop loss). For each additional X tick in profit (Frequency), the stop loss will be re-adjusted.

Comment

Auto trail

I still do not know how to set this
                  Please help me work it out or break it up
                  My stoploss = 100 pips
                  profit trigger= 20pips

I am trying to apply it to example #1 of Auto Trail
                  I am confused in part that says "once in our trade is 4ticks in profit, move our stop loss back 6 tricks and move it up for every additional 2 ticks in profit".

forsouls

Comment

Hi Forsouls,

For example, you enter a trade on ES at 1169.00.

When the market price has reached 1170.00, the auto-trail will make it's first modification. This modification will move the Stop Loss order to 6 ticks behind the current market price at 1168.50.

Based on the frequency, this modification will occur again and again with every two ticks in profit. In our example, this means that when the market price reaches 1170.50, the stop will be moved to be 6 ticks behind the market price at 1169.00. When the market price reaches 1171.00, the stop will again be moved 6 ticks behind the market price at 1169.50.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I trade forex, please use that as an example. take into consideration that it moves very quickly.

Comment

Hi forsouls,

Forex and futures are very similar in that ticks will be the same as pips, except with forex pips represent a much smaller price increment.

So for your strategy the stop loss would be 100 pips, and the profit target would be 20 pips.

For the Auto Trail feature if the parameters are set as you mention then when the trade reaches four pips in profit the stop loss will be moved to 6 pips behind the current price, or in this case two pips below entry. It will also readjust every two pips. So when 6 pips are reached the auto trail will readjust to 6 pips behind current traded price, or in this example to the break even price.
                        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATM strategy

Please I like you call me to see now 06:48-07:30 est to help me see
                          1) if I set my rules for ATM right.
                          2) I still cannot set my limit order/scroll down on the superDom ladder
                          3) I want to enable FX Pro since I trade forex
                          4) to manaually input price value

thank you

Comment

Can you post what ATM strategy you have set up, so I can explain how the strategy will function.

I am not sure what you refer at #2. Are you unable to submit limit orders? You can submit a limit order by a left click in the Buy or Sell column at the price you like.

You can open up a FX Pro window via File-->New-->FX Pro.

Are you referring to entering ATM values as the exact price you like the ATM order to be submitted at? If so, please right click the SuperDOM and select Properties. Set 'Parameter type' to Price. You will now need to enter ATM values as price instead of ticks.

Comment

Yes. I am refering to limit order that is below the numbers that appear in the superdom ladder
                              2) I am unable to get to prices below on the superdom ladder for example I wanted to buy limit AUD/JPY @84.96, I couldnot scroll down.

Yes, I get to the FXPro but cannot get to the currency pairs
                              I do not know how to post the ATM strategy a created and the market is on my direction now.
                              Please call me so you can view my pc

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                              0 responses