Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data-Gain and MB Trading

Hello,
    1) Is my understanding correct that Ninja Trader provides a historical database for Gain / Forex.com forex data?
    2) How about MB Trading?
    3) Can I connect to both MB Trading (for trading) and Gain Forex.com for historical data?

Thanks

Hello ar trade,

1. Correct, you can retrieve historical data from our historical data server when connecting to Gain. Gain itself only provides 24 hours of historical data, while the historical data server provides much more; a few years.

2. Unfortunately historical data is not supported with MBTrading in NinjaTrader 6.5. However, it is supported in NinjaTrader 7. Please see the link below for more information.

MB Trading Adapter
    - Added support for MBT historical data

3. Yes, this is supported upon using a multi broker license.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello ar trade,

1. Correct, you can retrieve historical data from our historical data server when connecting to Gain. Gain itself only provides 24 hours of historical data, while the historical data server provides much more; a few years.

2. Unfortunately historical data is not supported with MBTrading in NinjaTrader 6.5. However, it is supported in NinjaTrader 7. Please see the link below for more information.

MB Trading Adapter
      - Added support for MBT historical data

3. Yes, this is supported upon using a multi broker license.
      Jason, for FOREX,
      Referring to bullet 2, using NT 7, does the MBT historical data come from MBT or a NT server?
      Referring to bullet 3, if I get historical GAIN data from NT servers with first connection, and connect to MBT with second connection, will;
      1. my real-time quotes come from MBT?
      2. if so, will there be a discrepancy between the prices coming from the NT server, and the MBT real-time data?

In other words, If I left a MBT chart running for a week to collect the real-time data, would the bars looks exactly the same as the bars on a chart that has a week of NT server/Gain data?

thanks
      Grant

Comment

Originally posted by astrolobe View Post
        Jason, for FOREX,
        Referring to bullet 2, using NT 7, does the MBT historical data come from MBT or a NT server?
        Referring to bullet 3, if I get historical GAIN data from NT servers with first connection, and connect to MBT with second connection, will;
        2. if so, will there be a discrepancy between the prices coming from the NT server, and the MBT real-time data?

In other words, If I left a MBT chart running for a week to collect the real-time data, would the bars looks exactly the same as the bars on a chart that has a week of NT server/Gain data?

thanks
        Grant
        Bullet 2) MBT historical data comes from MBT servers.
        Bullet 3) Historical GAIN data comes from GAIN servers.
        3-1) The real-time quotes would come from whichever connection you connect to first.
        3-2) If you left a MBT chart running for a week it would not look exactly the same as a GAIN/NT chart for a week because there are tiny latencies that propagate throughout the internet, causing very tiny differences in the amount of time it takes for data to travel, which could lead to a different chart. Shorter timeframe charts would be affected more than longer charts.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by astrolobe View Post
          Jason, for FOREX,

thanks
          Grant

With a multi-broker license can I connect to Gain first, then MB Trading, and place MB Trading market orders from a chart? The chart will be built with Gain data since that's the first connection, but the order is for an MB Trading account. Will this work?

Comment

Hello werido,

Yes. The data will be provided by Gain and any orders submitted against this data can be routed to your MB Trading account as long as the account is selected under the account drop down menu within NinjaTrader.

Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Aviram Y  
            Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
            3 responses