to kill the alert sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to kill the alert sound

i want my alert to show in the alert window, but not play a sound.

Alert("Up", NinjaTrader.Cbi.Priority.High, "Long " + " " + Close[0].ToString()+" check bubble","chime.wav", 10, Color.Black,Color.LightSkyBlue);

I tried removing "chime.wav", but got an error message that it required 6 arguments or something.
    The alert i reproduced is from a different indicator i wrote with forum help that also prints the time and price it fired.
    I want to be able to come back and see when it fired without hearing it. That's because i set 'update on bar close' as false, and if conditions are no longer met at the bar close, i assume the triangle it drew intrabar will disappear and that's what i want to see as well as how price moved during the time from the alert until the bar closed.

Also, I know the 10 is my rearm setting, how long the alert is idle before getting 'rearmed' to fire again if the condition is still 'true', but 10 units of what?

Last edited by simpletrades; 03-30-2010, 06:58 AM.

simpletrades, the rearm is expressed in seconds - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Alert.html

To not hear an alert sound I would simply point to a 'mute' wave file that you placed for example in the NT install directory sounds folder.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      simpletrades, the rearm is expressed in seconds - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Alert.html

To not hear an alert sound I would simply point to a 'mute' wave file that you placed for example in the NT install directory sounds folder.
      good idea. thanks.

Comment

Hi

1. I cannot find mute wave file in the NT sound folder as I would like to mute order entry & etc.

2. Does one need to write a script to set alert sound for indicator e.g. ADX=20 ? Could not find alert setting in indicator parameter panel.

Comment

ninja99,

1. There's unfortunately no direct file already for this, you would need copy / modify one to suit your needs for this idea.

2. Yes, either you would need to custom code this in via the Alert() method or set the condition up in our Market Analyzer for your instrument and timeframe - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...onditions.html
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ninja99 View Post
            Hi

1. I cannot find mute wave file in the NT sound folder as I would like to mute order entry & etc.

2. Does one need to write a script to set alert sound for indicator e.g. ADX=20 ? Could not find alert setting in indicator parameter panel.
            all i did was go into the folder, right click to make a new wave sound and named it mute.

Comment

Originally posted by simpletrades View Post
              all i did was go into the folder, right click to make a new wave sound and named it mute.

Noted. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes