Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESignal/Yahoo London Stocks

Guys this is a follow on post to

I have been able to import 99 symbols with the .L suffix for my Yahoo data feed and imported BT-A.L manually

But now I have an ESignal Data Feed and I have 100 stocks with the extension -LON. Do I have to change the symbol map manually ? Hope not???

How do I get around a list 100 stocks that have the -LON extension? e.g BARC-LON

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

You will have to manually modify each instrument manually for the eSignal data feed by going to Tools-->Instrument Manager.

Or you could import another list of 100 stocks with the the eSignal symbol. You would then have two seperate instruments for Yahoo data, and eSignal data based on what was imported in the file.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I though about creating another list but will the "Import Stock Symbol List" utility not accept BARC-LON for example - hence doing it manually?

If one has to do it manually sounds like a lot of work - 1 0 0 symbols!!

Comment

Would does the "seperator chars" field help?

Comment

Maybe I can reference the Esignal FTSE 100 List of Stocks another way?

Comment

Hello,

The instrument list does not accept dashes because it is a text editor. The seperator characters is based on what character will be used to define the delineation between different symbols.

As for the FTSE list you could try importing the list with the load button rather than inputting the symbols in the text editor.

Comment

Yes I tried loading the list from a file and that did not work see the pic attached here!
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Well, if that is the case then you will want manually add the symbol from eSignal to the instrument mapping.

I also tried to add the instrument from a chart but receive a similar message, related to the symbol since it uses a dash to separate the exchange.

I have forwarded this issue to development for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader since at the moment eSignal mapping with foreign exchanges is not supported with the features to add stocks en masse.

Comment

Hi,

To get the stock list quickly into NT7 and witk with Yahoo I've just posted a how to here

I think it would greatly help if the instrument manager would support a more complete import & export functionality.

I've wrote some idea's in this threat hope others support these idea's as i would love to exchange all the different world exchanges out there and not only stick to the default lists

Have a look here

Basically I would like a full import including mappings support. So I could add the InteractiveBrokers and the Yahoo mappings, some one else could add the eSignal mappings etc. Together all the clients build a huge stock data base with all the world exchanges in it.

Wessel

Comment

Yes :-) I've found this posting and this will enable the community to build stock lists and add broker mappings to it.

Thank god it is possible in a easy way :-)

Wessel

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes