Data replay problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data replay problem

I have been using this feature for a while, so I am not new to how it works. My problem is, the other day I decided to add GC ( gold futures ) to my list to record. I created a chart and had a couple days to review. During the connection to market replay, it froze during the loading of the gold info. After 15 minutes of doing nothing, I shut down ninja. When I re opened it, it loaded in sim only, no live trading. I had to go and re input all of my info to trade live. Got that working again, but, when I try to use connect to market replay, it doesn't show anything is available to replay. I still have all my data and it is still recording everyday. But for some reason ninja can't see it anymore. I have deleted the 2 days of gold hoping it was just corrupt, but didnt work. I have done all I know to do, but same thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum.

There are two things you can do:
    1. Sync your PC clock. You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

2. Reset your instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Then I would recommend that you recreate the windows that you have open, whether it is a chart, Market Analyzer or SuperDOM, that is recording data for market replay and then resave the workspace.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for a quick response. I did everything you said and nothing changed. It still doesn't see it. Keep it coming. This is a must have.

Thanks
      Jeff

Comment

Hi,

You mention that it does not show available market data in the available instruments.

If you go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->data and then place the data you still have in the correctly dated folder, then that data should be available.

If that does not work can you attach the Market Replay Data Files to an email and send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. When doing so please reference this thread, and ATTN RyanO.

Comment

All data is in the folder and its real. It shows it taking up a lot of memory. I will send you some files later today.

Thank you
          Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I'll keep an eye out for that information so that I can test the files on my end, and look forward to resolving the issue with replay data.

Comment

OK. I actually tried what you are going to do on another computer. I had ninja installed, but never any recorded data. So I copied from this computer and put it in the data box. Works fine on the other computer. Do u think something is corrupted. I think I remember re installing it, but may be wrong on that. I can still send you some files later on.

Thanks
              Jeff

Comment

Hi zzr1200al,

We will still want to take a look at the file.

In the message, I would also like you to include your most current trace file (a diagnostic file) so that we may search for any errors that could be contributing to this behavior.

You will find the trace file in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace folder.
                The file will be named 'trace.YYYYMMDD.txt'.

Please include the most recently dated trace file to the message.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am sending email now. I can't send a lot of files just because of size, so if u need more let me know.

Jeff

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes