Using NT6 w/ a demofeed for free charting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using NT6 w/ a demofeed for free charting

I am very sorry if this has been responded to before. I currently use a different platform through my broker other than NT6, so I do not need to use the SuperDOM in NT6 for order entry. However, I still need charting software so would it be unreasonable to use NT6 with a different broker's demofeed for my charting? It is my understanding that the subscription for NT6 is for the order-entry capabilities, but all I need is the charting... my current broker does not offer the Zen-Fire datafeed, which is why I would be using a demofeed from another broker. Is there a disadvantage to using the demofeed in conjunction with my existing live platform for trading? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Hi Jibu V:

NinjaTrader is a free application for advanced charting, market analytics, automated strategy development and trade simulation. We only charge for our product if and when you decide to trade live through any of the over one hundred supported brokers world-wide.

The current exception is if you wish to trade FX live, this is free of charge through our FX partner GAIN Capital/Forex.com

For instructions on how to connect to one of our supported datafeed/broker providers, please click on the link below:

If you have any other questions, please let us know!
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
      Hi Jibu V:

NinjaTrader is a free application for advanced charting, market analytics, automated strategy development and trade simulation. We only charge for our product if and when you decide to trade live through any of the over one hundred supported brokers world-wide.

The current exception is if you wish to trade FX live, this is free of charge through our FX partner GAIN Capital/Forex.com

For instructions on how to connect to one of our supported datafeed/broker providers, please click on the link below:

If you have any other questions, please let us know!
      Thank you for your response, Ryan! I guess my main question is, if I choose to use the Zen-Fire demofeed through NT6 to take live trades with my existing non-NT6 live platform, would there be a possibility of running into any problems, such as data delays, because of the fact that it is a demofeed? Thanks.

Comment

Hi:

The connection to Zenfire is the same real-time datafeed whether you are trading live or just using as a demo.

There will be no difference in speed of the data since the connection is the same.

Best regards,
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
          Hi:

The connection to Zenfire is the same real-time datafeed whether you are trading live or just using as a demo.

There will be no difference in speed of the data since the connection is the same.

Best regards,
          Thanks, I appreciate it, Ryan.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses