Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to import

When I go to Files> Utilities > Import NinjaScript
    A window pops up that asks me if the NS is safe, when I press yes, the following pops up:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Now I have added indicators previously fine, recently this is what happens - how can i fix this please?

Thanks

Hello tzar55,

The error indicates your current NinjaScript files contain errors, which need to resolved first before you can import new NinjaScript files.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator or strategy. This will allow you to debug the indicator/ strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator or strategy, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.

1) Open NinjaTrader
    2) From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3) Select an indicator and double click on it.
    4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
    5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
    6) From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it. You can delete NinjaScript files via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete

You can find general debug information at the link below.

In addition, you can try the following workaround as well. Note that you will lose all custom and third party NinjaScript files.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked(!).

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder(!).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5 at the link below.

Restore your settings and you should be able to import new NinjaScript files again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

These are the errors I get:

I can delete the Wilson OR cause I dont use it at all. But what is that NinjaTrader Core Dll?

My NT is not even installed on C drive.. its on D drive, and the Ninja Trader Core dll is there..

Comment

Hi tzar55,

Thank you for the image.

To resolve this issue, you will need to add references to the files listed in the image.

Please take the following steps:
        From the Code window, right click and select References.
        In the references menu, check for the two items listed - if they exist in the list, select them and click Delete.

Next, click the Add button. This will open a browse window where you can select the file to reference.

You will need to create references to both of these files. They will exist at the path reported in the error message.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot,
          that worked!
          Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hi tzar55,

Thank you for the image.

To resolve this issue, you will need to add references to the files listed in the image.

Please take the following steps:
          From the Code window, right click and select References.
          In the references menu, check for the two items listed - if they exist in the list, select them and click Delete.

Next, click the Add button. This will open a browse window where you can select the file to reference.

You will need to create references to both of these files. They will exist at the path reported in the error message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
          2 responses
          1 like
          Last Post BarzTrading  
          Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH