Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection to the historical market data server failed

Hello,

I've got a problem caused by my Internet connection.

When I connect to data feed, it won't stop connecting, because there's a problem with downloading data from data server. The log message is Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: Current connection was forced to be closed by remote host (the second part is translated from my language). After 10 secs there appears the message Connection to ... data server established and after next 13 secs the connection is lost again and this constantly repeats.

With other Internet connections it works correctly, but I need to know something that it could be caused by, because actually I don't know what should I say to the person who provides the Internet in this building.

So, do you have any ideas of the reasons or what does connection to the data server require?

Thank you in advance,
    Stepan

Hello Stepa-z-depa,

Thank you for your post.

This message means your connection to NinjaTrader historical data server was closed, and means typically you have lost connection to the internet, and reconnecting did not establish a connection immediately.

Are you connected to a router at this time? If so I suggest connecting directly to your modem to see if that resolves the issue.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I suppose I'm connected to a router. Unfortunately, I can't connect directly to the modem. Every room of this building has a net cable and my notebook is connected to the Internet through it.

I think it shouldn't be a problem to ask that person for changing some parameters on the router, but I don't know what to say. For example if Ninja requires some special ports or something like that, I can ask him for unblocking them etc.

Comment

NinjaTrader itself connects to standard web address via HTTP protocol through whatever port is defined for internet browsing on the target PC (Port 80 by default) to connect to its license server.

Comment

If I understand correctly, Ninja connects to the historical data server in the same way as an Internet browser does to common web pages, so you don't know where could be a problem or what should be changed in the router settings?

Comment

Yes, your understanding is correct. Unfortunately I do not have information on what settings need to be adjusted within your router settings.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
            • ISP issues
            • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
            • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
            • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
            • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime
            Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 03-31-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

OK, I will try to solve it somehow.

Thank you for your help anyway.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes