Forex/Gain - data missing since yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex/Gain - data missing since yesterday

Yesterday I was charting a forex pair for the whole day with no problems. Today, when I opened up NT, only the last 3 hours of yesterday's data is showing on the chart. Also the previous day's data is cut short by 8 hours before the end of that day. How do I ensure that all data for everyday is saved please? I have "store real-time bar data" ticked and I have "exclude weekend" set to 'false'.

Another question - do I have to run NT everyday to grab everyday's live data from Gain?

Penelope

Hi Penelope:

Thank you for your post.

Specific to your inquiry, you may try while connected to Gain to go to Tools > Historical data > reload and select your instrument and time interval.

When you first login to NinjaTrader and open a forex chart you will receive 24 hours of historical data from Gain. Every day that you login you will compile another 24 hours of data so you are building history over time.

Gain Capital (forex.com) offers free forex charts from eSignal for customers who open with $1000 or more and trade 1 standard lot (or 10 mini lots) per month.

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan - Thank you telling me how to load historical data. I have just done as you instructed and I still have the same problem - very little of yesterday's data and the day before cuts off 8 hours before the end of that day. My main concern is not being able to view most of yesterday's data.

Comment

Hi Penelope:

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, it's possible that the data requested was not recorded by Gain's servers and therefore may not be recoverable.

The only suggestion I have when this occurs is to have a backup datafeed such as eSignal to retrieve the data.

Otherwise, you can also import the data using a text format if you have a different datafeed that you allows you to retrieve forex data.

Instructions on how to import historical data can be found here:

Best regards,
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for trying to help Ryan. My confusion arises because I thought that since I had all the live data yesterday showing on NT, it would have been saved on my PC so that I would be able to access it today as 'saved' data. I'm still confused about that.

Also - with all the best will in the world, I don't understand the instructions for importing data. They go way way over my head

I'll investigate esignal as perhaps a backup data feed for Forex.......

Comment

Ryan,
            don't you think it may be a database problem? it seems to me that sometimes the database looses previous recorded data....it happend to me
            some days before on eurex futures.....

Comment

Hello,

I did not read the entire thread however gaps can generally be filled by right clicking the chart>reload historical data.

If you are recording data and you have a disconnect from your data feed this is not something we can control.

I have never experienced the database losing data. If you have a reproducable situation please let us know.
              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
              1 response
              0 likes