Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Livecharts as data provider to NinjaTrader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Livecharts as data provider to NinjaTrader?

Dear all,

I'm a Singaporean tertiary student and am very interested in trading e-minis. Is there any programs/instructions/software whereby data provided by LiveCharts(data provided by Quote.com; http://finance.lycos.com/qc/livecharts/default.aspx?) can be transformed into data for NinjaTrader or Excel?

I heard there are some Java API that I need to use for the extraction. Please help me out as I'm not that financially independent (student) and would switch to commercial data providers once my system is confirmed and sure.

Really and extreme thanksto all.

Warmest regards,

Leonard

imported post

Hi, I'm sorry for the disinformation. The website stated in my first post is invalid as LiveCharts is okay for about 1 min before reverting to a sign-up form.

I've attached a sample of the actual data that I'm currently using(but unable to transpose/convert to use in NinjaTrader/Excel). Do experiment and let me know. I'll distribute freely what I know.

Warmest Regards

Leonard
    Attached Files

Comment

imported post

You may want to open an account at Interactive Brokers (IB) as their data feed works with NinjaTrader. Min account is $2500 but can pull out down to $500 to maintain.......will be charged $10/mo if not trading. Also Ensign chart app can read the IB feed for $30-40/mo or so........IMHO best combo to get in the game on the cheap<g>.....

Comment

imported post

Thanks for the fast response. I will consider that option, but I would want to try my luck at "decrypting" the "code".

Will inform everyone if I succeed. And my results will be free for all to use.

Cheers,

Leonard

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
        4 responses