Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick data from Gain

Hi,
    I have compared tick charts (Forex) on NT (Gain as data provider in Demo) with data provided by Trade Station. From what I see, it would appear that the tick data provided on a demo account is not really a tick data, but a "compressed" time based price. Something like 0.3 or 0.5 of a second prices. The comparable charts (say 300 ticks) on TS have more bars, and this seem to indicate that the ticks are accumulated faster (more ticks arriving = more bars, faster). From what I know the Trade Station feed is also from Gain...???
    Could you please let me know if this is because of the demo mode and a 'live' data feed is different, or is the data provided in a 'demo' mode the same as the live account. The difference is quite significant, and getting about a third of ticks is pretty useless for trading tick charts, hence I would like to know if this is a "feature" of a demo feed, or is it the same for both live and demo?
    Your help will be most appreciated...

Regards,

Roman

Hello Roman,

The Gain demo and live feed are the same. I am not sure why there is such a difference compared to TradeStation. NinjaTrader acts like a radio reciever and displays the data it receives from the data feed. If you require more information regarding Gain real-time tick data, I suggest to contact Gain.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you,

I will check with Gain, I will also re-check if TS has the Gain feed or if it gets it from a different source. Whatever the case, the tick data from Gain here is not what it claims to be, pity...

Cheers,

Roman

Comment

Hello Roman,
        I think you are on to something, thought i was going mad, I am going to post a similar topic with screen shots from today. (although its the same everyday)

It seems Live the Gain tick data is more than a bit patchy...

of course the historical data will have more info, but not nearly twice as much

keep in touch as we can get to the bottom of this.

pip_gmt

Comment

Hello pip_gmt,

Please note that when historical data is set to use NinjaTrader servers, you are using 2 sources for real-time and historical data.

Gain is used to receive real-time data and the NinjaTrader historical data server will provide historical data.

Comment

Hi again,

This is what Forex.com (Gain) had to say:

Dear Roman,

Thank you for your email.

In regard to your inquiry, Ninja Trader has their own demo simulation that they offer. It is not in anyway affiliated with the GAIN data feed. The live Ninja Trader based accounts will use our data feed which is updated instantly. There is no delay.
            If you have any other questions please email us again or call 0800 032 1948. You can also go to the following link for more contact information.

Regards,
            James Farrelly
            Client Services Team
            FOREX.com

Now I am confused! So, how is it? Who provides tick data and why it is different?

Regards,

Roman

Comment

Hello Roman,

Real-time data is provided by Gain. You can setup the Gain connection so it will receive historical data from Gain as well. Please set historical data to 'Use GAIN servers' in the connection wizard. However, Gain will only provide 24 hours of historical data.

We recommend to set historical data to the NinjaTrader server since it provides much more historical data.

Comment

tick data

can anyone tell me if tick data is supported through zen data feed on NT7

Comment

Hello,
                  All of the providers in NT6.5 provider the same data in NT7. So the answer is yes!
                  DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                  Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes