Tick Chart Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Chart Differences

I understand the technical reasons that there can be a difference between eSignal and NT charts based on how they timestamp the bars.

However - I am obvserving a difference in Tick chart (150T & 300T) between two identical trading setups. Both traders are running 150/300T charts with ZenFire datafeed. {Zenfire do timestamp their tick values} We are both seeing the same T&Sales values but the charts are showing different values for Ticks remaining and different bar OHLC values. Generally the highs and lows are the same, but as the bars are different, things like Oscillators are calculated at different values, and structures like double top / double bottom don't match.

Can you please explain why this is, and how we can get the charts to be 'in-sync'.

Are you comparing 2 charts populated by realtime ZenFire data or 1 chart populated by realtime Zen data and 1 chart populated by realtime eSignal data?

Also: Please see here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html

Comment

Sorry - didn't make that particularly clear... both traders charts are populated by ZenFire (eSignal isn't used through NT).

Comment

I see. So it's a matter of different "starting points", meaning as you pull up a chart two things happen:
        a) historical data is loaded from the NT server
        b) realtime data is tracked to build bars

If you do this on two different machines at 2 different times, the gap between (a) and (b) will result in different chart data. Unfortunately there is no way to sync tick/volume charts on 2 different machines.

Comment

Oh... That explains the major discrepencies. So the bars are built from when the chart is loaded. I need to think if there is some mechanism by which I can force the charts to get into sync.

Comment

I know it is an old thread, but I am trying to achieve the same functionality and wanted to continue the thinking process that started here.

I am using TS as the data feed, I can control on the TS side when to start and send information (i.e. the end of a bar or a start of a bar), however I am not sure if I can have control on how/when NT will start a bar.

could you think of any way to control the start of the bar tick counting by NT.

one option might be to have a session time which is starting at spesific time, which maybe will force NT to start a new bar, than have TS to start send the info latter (1 minute) and on a start of a bar, this way I potentialy can get better sync, however, I am not sure if a new session force a new bar on NT, and if there is any other way to force new bar with tick charts on NT.

thx,
            nir

Comment

If the session time is not 24 hours, then a new bar is always created at the start of the sesion. Not sure if this helps or not.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post maybeimnotrader  
              Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes