Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No chart data for E7 (e-mini euro future) with IB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No chart data for E7 (e-mini euro future) with IB.

I still have the problem to get market data for E7 from IB. I changed the brokerage to Globex from CME without success.

What exactly do I need to insert into Symbol in the E7 instrument to trade/get quotes from IB for E7 ?

Hello cwolters,

Thank you for your post.

To receive data for E7, you will need to set the exchange to Globex.
    Next, remove and then re-add the instrument to your default instrument list by following the steps listed here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...RemoveFromList
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i get errors when trying to load the E7 06-10 using Globex

Comment

Hi duck_CA,

What errors are you receiving?
        Are you certain you have the proper subscriptions from your broker for this instrument?
        TimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am also having issues loading the 'E7 09-10' data from IB.
          Background: am using NT7-beta17/purchase license; I'd had this working on NT6.
          Am using IB TWS version 900.6 (as recommended).
          Had already changed the Exchange to Globex (just reconfirmed this).
          Tried removing and re-adding the symbol to the instrument list.
          The non-mini futures are working fine for me (6E 09-10, 6S, 6C, 6A, ES, etc).
          IB definitely supports the symbol, I can see it changing price in my TWS.
          Does NT support this symbol, or am I missing something?
          Thanks!

Comment

Hi bnehlsen,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Once you do that you will want to ensure the exchange is set to Globex, and that in the Misc tab of the Instrument window that the symbol for IB is defined in the Misc tab.

Another thing to check is within TWS please right click on the E7 contract and check the contract details for specifics on the IB symbol mapping.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same Problem with futures here after installing the current nt7 (0.17)!

>>Can you please reset the instruments. To reset your instruments please:
              >>go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Misc tab,
              >>and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

within the option Menue you will NOT found the "Reset Instruments" - Button in the "Misc"-Section. You will found that in the "DATA"-Section!

>>Once you do that you will want to ensure the exchange is set to Globex, and that in >>the Misc tab of the Instrument window that the symbol for IB is defined in the Misc tab.

No Success! After restarting the NT I was checking the E7 within the Instrument Manager. The "Exchange"-Menue let me only choice "CME" - no Globex no other Entries!

What you mean with "the Misc tab of the Insttrument window" Where can I define the Symbol for IB?

Regards
              Trendseek

Comment

Hello Trendseek,

1. To access the Reset Instruments: from the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Tools > Options > and navigate to the “Data” tab. See screenshot.

2. To set a different exchange for any instrument, you will do this in the Instrument Editor. To access go to Tools > Instrument Manager > locate the symbol you want to modify (in the full instrument list), and then just double click to open the Instrument Editor. On the “Definition” tab you can check or uncheck the exchange you want to use. See screenshot

3. If you are looking to edit the symbol mapping for a particular instrument (e.g. Interactive Brokers), just click the next tab “Misc” and you can modify these fields for any/all providers. See screenshot.

I would also encourage you to review this section of our Help Guide that details what I have listed about. Here is the link:
                NinjaTrader 7 Instrument Manager:

NinjaTrader 7 Editing Instruments:

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Chip; 06-16-2010, 06:38 AM.
                ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chip,
                  thanks for your verry helpfull hints!

Now It works with E7 and some other Underlyings

It seems, that IB use unusual Names for the Euro FX (and all other currency Futures). I.e the Euro FX calls "EUR" instead of 6E.

Thanks Again!
                  Trendseek

Comment

Hello Trendseek,

You’re very welcome - I’m glad you found those items helpful.

When working with currency (Forex) instruments, it is very important to distinguish between “cash” or “spot” Forex as this is very different than currency futures contracts.

For example with Interactive Brokers the EUR “spot” symbol is EUR.USD whereas the EUR futures contract symbol is EUR; I just wanted to make the clarification.

I have also included screenshots that show these symbol mapping the in the NinjaTrader Instrument Manager.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions.
                    Attached Files
                    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                    1 response